UMS To WAN

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
xLuckless

UMS To WAN

Post by xLuckless »

I want to make this possible is there any way? (see image)

SharkHunter
Developer

Re: UMS To WAN

Post by SharkHunter »

We are working in WEB based interface which could solve this. That said I have had a "DLNA everywhere" kind of technology in SHB before. Maybe that can be readded to UMS.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
xLuckless

Post by xLuckless »

That would even be better! Thank you for your answer!
sliu01

Post by sliu01 »

Is that the reason why UMS doesn't work when I access it from outside the LAN? I am using the UPnP Player on Android phone. Tried port mapping (on router) and SSH port forwarding (ConnectBot). With both ways, I have no problem navigating through the video folders, or even expanding the DVD images (into tracks). It just doesn't play any video. When I switch to LAN access, it has no problem. The bandwidth is enough (Cable Modem, Starbucks wifi etc).

Wish to get some help or answer. Appreciate!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

sliu01 wrote:Is that the reason why UMS doesn't work when I access it from outside the LAN? I am using the UPnP Player on Android phone. Tried port mapping (on router) and SSH port forwarding (ConnectBot). With both ways, I have no problem navigating through the video folders, or even expanding the DVD images (into tracks). It just doesn't play any video. When I switch to LAN access, it has no problem. The bandwidth is enough (Cable Modem, Starbucks wifi etc).

Wish to get some help or answer. Appreciate!
WIthout going into to much techno I would say that if browse works then stream should work. Or maybe I need to add the old DLNA anywhere.
To start with pls upload some logs when you do this (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556)
sliu01

Post by sliu01 »

Thanks for your response. Attached is the log generated while the issue was replicated.
In the test, I first connected to the server in LAN, played a little bit for each of the two videos. Then I exited the UPnPlay
from phone, connected to Starbucks wifi. I was doing "tail -f" on the log file. It prints when I navigate through the folders, but it did
not response to my video playing request, which eventually timed out with error "this video cannot be played". I tried a couple of times, going back and forth with folders.
Finally, I connected back to my wifi (LAN), playing back was working again!

Hope this helps and I appreciate your time!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
log & conf file
(33.17 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

First if you could redo the thing but
1) Turn off any other render you might have (like a TV)
2) Only do the Starbucks access test.
and put up new logs.

I think that you might be a victim of the UMS reindexing too. After the above test try out the 4.1.0 branch where the support remote controls should be better...
sliu01

Post by sliu01 »

As per your request, redone log file uploaded.
Downloaded 4.10 source code. How do I compile it? Is there a builder script?
Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(11.31 KiB) Downloaded 439 times