Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
kah

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 May 2013)

Post by kah »

infidel wrote:
kah wrote:the PMS start screen now tells me that no renderers were found (the big white X on red). The PMS start screen now tells me that no renderers were found
[EDIT: oops :)] without reproducing the error the logs of course don't show much. Try a computer reboot, browse through the network faq for clues, or try UMS instead.
Yeah, it worked again after the reboot :)
infidel wrote:
kah wrote:I started installing everything (except of phantomJS) manually and after I was finished found out about the auto-installer and executed it.
Then I'm not sure why you're missing urlresolver (unless you haven't restarted xbmc since then?), have a look here for more, including how to add it manually. And yes, the installer can always be run on top of an existing installation.
Well.. I did reboot XBMC quite often in the meantime. I just tried to install urlresolver from zip but as soon as I clicked the zip in XBMC, the file picking window just closed. No confirmation of anything being installed or something like that. Also, XBMC tells me that there is an update for jumpy available but whenever I click to install it, it won't get updated but still prompt me. Furthermore, I also tried installing youtube-dl via the provided exe which I executed (with and without administrator privileges) but the window closed itself immediately too. Do you know if all these behaviours are correct?

Again, I reproduced the errors and attached the logs.
Attachments
pms.zip
(27.11 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kah wrote:Again, I reproduced the errors and attached the logs.
The logs look "normal" in the sense that there doesn't seem to be anything unusual on the PMS side of things (which we already knew :)). The DLNA headers of interest (metadata being sent to the xbox describing each item) aren't included in the trace log, and after a cursory look through current PMS code it appears that this specific part of logging may be disabled. All I can suggest is trying UMS too, since its trace logs will show this info by default. Again, this may or may not show anything useful.

Going through your previous posts I'm not clear on whether any media at all (i.e. non-jumpy) is working for you on the xbox . One thing I would also try is to switch transcoding engines (either turn off pmsencoder, mencoder, etc in the transcode tab or reorder them so ffmpeg and ffmpegweb are first) and see if it makes any difference.

kah wrote:XBMC tells me that there is an update for jumpy available but whenever I click to install it, it won't get updated but still prompt me.
The 'jumpy addon' is never up to date by design in order to ensure that urlresolver gets installed no matter what. I can see how this can get annoying if auto-update isn't enabled in xbmc (maybe I should rethink this feature :)), so either
  • remove the jumpy addon (it's not needed for anything else).
  • or enable automatic updating of addons, and all you'll see is a brief "updating jumpy addon" notice once in a while at the bottom of your screen.
Your jumpy.log shows that the resolvers are properly installed:
[jumpy] setEnv: resolvers=xbmc urlresolver youtube-dl
urlresolver version 2.0.9
youtube-dl version 2013.05.23
ortzinator

Post by ortzinator »

I'm having a problem where some Twitch streams are the wrong aspect ratio. Looks like it's being squashed to 16:10.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

ortzinator wrote:I'm having a problem where some Twitch streams are the wrong aspect ratio. Looks like it's being squashed to 16:10.
Hi ortzinator,

Sorry, but aspect ratio is not set by jumpy and has to do with your renderer or transcoder settings. The right place for this question is probably in the Media Renderers forum or maybe General Help and Support.
Aiekazie

Post by Aiekazie »

Been running jumpy for a few months now. I love it, no complaints, took me a minute to get used to Python and Java's scripting but I digress. I'm very grateful for your dev work infidel and I applaud you.

I've looked around but haven't found anything concrete that is up to date or credible in my eyes. All the videos that are coming from any of my XBMC addons have a run time of 9:59:59. Thus this prevents me from using the "Go To" feature. Any guidance on workarounds for this? My scrapers are showing correct information in other categories both on my renderer and XBMC, but XBMC shows the correct running time.

Any and all information is happily accepted.
Aiekazie

Post by Aiekazie »

Aiekazie wrote:Been running jumpy for a few months now. I love it, no complaints, took me a minute to get used to Python and Java's scripting but I digress. I'm very grateful for your dev work infidel and I applaud you.

I've looked around but haven't found anything concrete that is up to date or credible in my eyes. All the videos that are coming from any of my XBMC addons have a run time of 9:59:59. Thus this prevents me from using the "Go To" feature. Any guidance on workarounds for this? My scrapers are showing correct information in other categories both on my renderer and XBMC, but XBMC shows the correct running time.

Any and all information is happily accepted.
Hmmm, I'm beginning to think it's because UMS cannot predict the file size of the web streams (they are mkv sources) so that gives me the idea it's trying to call for a running time and file size and just gives me that default 9:59:59 run time and a 94 GB file size. And I think the reason I can't Go To on web streams is because of the maximum transcode buffer size restriction.

Is there a way to set it up for unlimited buffer ? I can just let my PC transmux it and then be able to 'Go To' when it's done?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Aiekazie wrote:I'm beginning to think it's because UMS cannot predict the file size of the web streams
Right, web streams just get a default duration. It's a good question though, the reason it hasn't been implemented further, I think, is that knowing the duration doesn't necessarily mean you'll know how to seek, since web seek methods vary (though in some cases, e.g. rtmp, there's a standard way). Playing with the UMS "resume" feature on web streams is a good way to get a feel for this, whether it works or not depends on whether ffmpeg has a working concept of how to seek in that particular stream context.
Aiekazie wrote:Is there a way to set it up for unlimited buffer ? I can just let my PC transmux it and then be able to 'Go To' when it's done?
Not afaik, but I'm no expert :).
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Greets Infidel, back again with what I hope will be fairly easy questions. :lol: (I could fill a page asking what the weather is like)

Anyway, you may recall I have always used independent installations of all third party tools or utilities, where possible. Just from being a looooooonnnnnggg time user I guess, at one point they HAD to be installed individually. Because of that I have always installed Jumpy manually. I recently used your installer and when I saw it placed both Py4J and PhantomJS within the jumpy directory structure it made me think. :ugeek: I have no reason to think it may be causing a problem but after reading through updated docs and forums I didn't feel confident about the current install/config of Py4J and PhantomJS. It is clear that your install, and even the latest .zip files place copies of both within the Jumpy directory structure. Specific questions follow:

1) Is it possible to use the standalone installs of Py4J (0.7 is what you are now using I think) and PhantomJS already on my machine?
2) Does the bin.path setting still allow for pointing to a different directory for both Py4J and PhantomJS? (for example "bin.path = C:\\Py4J;C:\\PhantomJS")

Thanks as always!

(P.S. - I won't get into it yet but at one point UMSFAN pointed me to a video add-on version of Navi-X that worked really well with Jumpy and of course provided access to a lot of media. Unforunately it stopped working when Navi-X updated to 3.7 and now 3.8. I have not yet found a video add-on for the later versions, only the normal script add-on which is not visible within Jumpy. I have even tried modifying the addon.xml file for the add-on to categorize it as a video add-on, no luck. When I get a little more inspiration I will write up some details. Of course if you already know a solution or if UMSFAN or any other forum member sees this and knows a solution it would be freaking awesome!!! Okay, so i got into it just a little bit). :oops:
Peace!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:I recently used your installer and when I saw it placed both Py4J and PhantomJS within the jumpy directory structure it made me think
Hi S7eele, this shouldn't be happening as far as phantomjs goes, unless you're referring to a possibly leftover zip file. The newest jumpy uses a custom version of py4j, which you can see in the lib folder. If you're seeing other remnants could you please reproduce this behaviour with a fresh/clean install and attach plugins/jumpy/win32-setup/setup.log + UMS.conf which may shed some light.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:
S7eele wrote:I recently used your installer and when I saw it placed both Py4J and PhantomJS within the jumpy directory structure it made me think
Hi S7eele, this shouldn't be happening as far as phantomjs goes, unless you're referring to a possibly leftover zip file. The newest jumpy uses a custom version of py4j, which you can see in the lib folder. If you're seeing other remnants could you please reproduce this behaviour with a fresh/clean install and attach plugins/jumpy/win32-setup/setup.log + UMS.conf which may shed some light.
As usual you are correct. The PhantomJS I saw was from a previous install I suppose because I double checked, my bad. You are of course correct about Py4J as well. I noticed that UMS placed a version of Py4J in the lib directory but I hadn't thought that it might be a custom version of some sort. So with that said:

1) Can the standalone version of Py4J still be used with Jumpy or is the one in the lib directory required?

It may seem stupid and I am sorry if you feel I am wasting your time but I learn a lot more when I learn as much as I can about each component and that generally involves a standalone installation. Not to mention they are sometimes used for other things.

2) This is only relevant if answer to 1 was yes. The bin.path setting can be used to point to your PhantomJS install, can it also be used to point to a standalone Py4J install? (example - bin.path = C:\Py4J;C:\PhantomJS)

I brought up the Navi-X thing in my last posts P.S. section to kinda get a feel for whether you might have some thoughts on the matter already, see if anyone else might know something or be interested and mainly I did it to get a feel for whether it is something you would have the time and/or interest to pursue. So you don't have to scroll back:
S7eele wrote:(P.S. - I won't get into it yet but at one point UMSFAN pointed me to a video add-on version of Navi-X that worked really well with Jumpy and of course provided access to a lot of media. Unforunately it stopped working when Navi-X updated to 3.7 and now 3.8. I have not yet found a video add-on for the later versions, only the normal script add-on which is not visible within Jumpy. I have even tried modifying the addon.xml file for the add-on to categorize it as a video add-on, no luck. When I get a little more inspiration I will write up some details. Of course if you already know a solution or if UMSFAN or any other forum member sees this and knows a solution it would be freaking awesome!!! Okay, so i got into it just a little bit).
I assume you would want a new thread created and would obviously need more detail and logs. I think it's awesome but I am not sure if too many others would be interested. I plan to send a PM to UMSFAN as we have discussed it and actually had it working for a while. But I have to add a third question:

3) Do you know anything more on the subject of using the Navi-X XBMC add-on (script) or a Navi-X video add-on? Do you have time available to spend on trying to get it working? Is it worth pursuing or in other words, is their a big enough audience?

None of this is critical so please respond at your leisure. As always, thanks so much to you and all the others doing so much to make my life a little better. :D

Thanks!
Peace!