Xbox One no longer locating UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Xbox One no longer locating UMS

Post by SubJunk »

Okay so maybe it's an issue on our end, I'll look into it.
Sorry to ask so much of you but this has been an elusive and frustrating bug - can you please try installing the UMS-Java7 and UMS-Java8 versions again while keeping JRE8 installed, to verify what we've found here?
25233Guyver

Post by 25233Guyver »

Reinstalled UMS-Java7 and functions as seen thus far; working appropriately.

Reinstalled UMS-Java8 and it worked as it should have. Shutdown and restarted UMS to confirm and still recognizes XB1. Fully functional now as opposed to starting conditions.

I'm officially confused now.
Attachments
ums_J7_JRE8u45.zip
With UMS-J7 with JRE8u45
(22.45 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
ums_UMS-J8_JRE8.zip
With UMS-J8 with JRE8u45
(21.16 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Trust me it's just as confusing for me/us - we have been seeing this bug since version 5.0.0 and still haven't been able to reproduce it ourselves or nail it down with others.
Maybe installing the Java 7 version of UMS did some permanent change that fixed the bug, which isn't fixed by installing the Java 8 version. That's a far-fetched idea but maybe.
25233Guyver

Post by 25233Guyver »

Well, I hope I've helped somewhat. I have noticed that if you bump up the Java Heap Size limit high in the option when installing, it doesn't like it too much. Usually causes the same effects that I had when it wasn't working and sometimes UMS simply wont start.