UMS 5.0.1 Android Issues

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
teo6389

UMS 5.0.1 Android Issues

Post by teo6389 »

Hello everyone.
I have a fresh install of UMS 5.0.1, that I am trying to use with my android phone, in order to stream videos from my pc to my android phone (using an app called mediahouse and mxplayer).
I am only able to play videos using ffmpeg transcoding(nothing else works, avisynth/ffmpeg, mencoder and so on), but when I do, I am unable to move forward or backward and the video time length shows up as 0:00.
How can I fix that?
Thank you !!!
teo6389

Re: UMS 5.0.1 Android Issues

Post by teo6389 »

here is the log when I use ffmpeg transcoding(unable to move forward or backward)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOn9f ... sp=sharing

here is the log when I use avisynth/ffmpeg transcoding(unable to play the video)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOn9f ... sp=sharing
sombudy

Post by sombudy »

teo6389 wrote:I am unable to move forward or backward and the video time length shows up as 0:00.
I don't think it is possible for the transcoded video to be seekable.
teo6389

Post by teo6389 »

Thank you for your answer sombudy .
I didn't knew that, does this apply for any transcoder?
I am asking that because I remember that I was able to seek videos when I am transcoding a video to ps3(I think that I was using avisynth/ffmpeg, but I am unable to use this transcoder with my android)
sombudy

Post by sombudy »

I think it applies to any transcoder that is typically used by media servers.

I know BubbleUPNP Server has the same transcoded video seeking limitation (it uses ffmpeg)*. On BubbleUPNP for Android, the dev added the option to seek the video before it is transcoded so you can skip to the minute you want. In this case, ffmpeg seeks to the requested time then transcodes the video from there.

*This limitation does not apply to audio when transcoding with BubbleUPNP Server and viewing with BubbleUPNP for Android. See the following for an explaination:
Seekable transcoded music tracks

BubbleUPnP Server can generate seekable transcoded music tracks (disabled by default) for tracks for which duration can be determined and whose duration is lower than 10 minutes.

It can be enabled with "Settings > Network and Settings > Seekable tracks", or forced on the server side with the -transcodeAudioSeekable command line argument or related parameter in the configuration.xml file.

When enabled, BubbleUPnP Server will transcode a track fully before serving it for playback to the client. This introduces a variable delay depending on CPU speed and track duration before the track can be played. On a standard PC, it should not exceed a few seconds. That's why it is not recommended to enable it if BubbleUPnP Server is running on a slow CPU (such as some NASes). This delay only happens the first time a seekable track is generated as it is cached to disk for subsequent plays.

When enabling this feature, it is recommended to also enable Settings > Local renderer > Gapless playback, in Android BubbleUPnP. Gapless playback will trigger transcoding of the next track before current track finishes and make the delay discussed above unoticeable in most cases. Only playback of the first track may be delayed.

teo6389 wrote:I am only able to play videos using ffmpeg transcoding(nothing else works, avisynth/ffmpeg, mencoder and so on), but when I do, I am unable to move forward or backward and the video time length shows up as 0:00.
How can I fix that?
Try this android renderer config:

Code: Select all

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for SGS4. Work in Progress
# See DefaultRenderer.conf for descriptions of all the available options.
#

RendererName = SGS4 Stream
RendererIcon = android.png
UserAgentSearch = Android
LoadingPriority = 1

Video = true
Audio = true
Image = true

SeekByTime = true
CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
ChunkedTransfer = true

TranscodeVideo = MPEGTS-H264-AC3
TranscodeAudio = MP3
CustomFFmpegOptions = -async 1 -fflags +genpts -c:a libmp3lame -ac 2 -b:v 35000k -bufsize 35000k -f matroska
TranscodeFastStart = true
TranscodedVideoAudioSampleRate = 48000
H264Level41Limited = false
# TranscodeExtensions = m2ts,ts

# Ignored if MediaInfo is enabled
MuxH264ToMpegTS = false
MuxDTSToMpeg = true
MuxLPCMToMpeg = true

# WrapDTSIntoPCM = false

MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 40
MaxVideoWidth = 1920
MaxVideoHeight = 1080
RescaleByRenderer = true
AutoExifRotate = true

StreamExtensions = mkv,hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v,mp4,mpg,mpeg,avi,mov,wmv,flv,webm,vob,m4a,aac,mpc,m4v,ogv,m2ts,ts

# Supported subtitles formats:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,MICRODVD,SAMI,SUBRIP,TEXT,WEBTT
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,BMP,DIVX,MICRODVD,PGS,SAMI,SUBRIP,TEXT,TX3G,USF,VOBSUB,WEBTT
If that doesn't work, try forcing UMS to skip transcoding.Go to tab Transcoding Settings, then Commmon Transcode Settings, then tab Video settings. Paste the following in "Skip transcoding..."
mkv,hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v,mp4,mpg,mpeg,avi,mov,wmv,flv,webm,vob,m4a,aac,mpc,m4v,ogv,m2ts,ts