[Confirmed] Live Subtitles work on mkv files but not mp4/avi

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mookieguy

[Confirmed] Live Subtitles work on mkv files but not mp4/avi

Post by mookieguy »

Subject pretty much says it all. This is on a PS3 with the latest version of UMS. Tested on a tv episode with both an mkv version and an mp4 version. mkv live subs worked, mp4 live subs = no subs show. Tested with both ffmpeg and mencoder as the primary engine. Logs attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg1.zip
(99.03 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
kareoacke

Re: Live Subtitles work on mkv files but not mp4/avi

Post by kareoacke »

You may convert mkv to mp4 or avi. As video conversion, you may use this free video converter
I have tried, it is free and it can worked
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

Indeed. I could also just go to subscene or opensubtitles myself and download subs because they work that way with avi/mp4 files, but I would prefer to not have to do either of these things.
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

This is still broken with the newest version: 5.1.0

With MEncoder as the top priority engine, Live Subtitles will display properly on mkv files, but with avi/mp4 files the file plays, but no subtitles are shown.

With FFmpeg as the top priority engine, mkv files will not even play when attempting Live Subtitles: This content cannot be played. (800288E1)

In a possibly related bug, FFmpeg will play mkv files with external subtitles (idx/sub) just fine, displaying subtitles properly. But with mkv files that have subtitles contained within the mkv container the files will not even play when selecting the subtitled file in the "Transcode" folder: This content cannot be played. (800288E1)

Log files from both MEncoder and FFmpeg attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.ffmpeg.zip
(96.93 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
ums_dbg.mencoder.zip
(91.99 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

Still broken with 5.1.1 live subtitles do not play on mp4/avi files.
mookieguy

Post by mookieguy »

attached are new log files. first file played is an mp4 tv ep. file plays fine under live subtitles but no subs show. the same ep is then plaed but as an mkv file. subtitles show correctly.
Attachments
ums_dbg2.zip
(91.54 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the reports guys, I've confirmed the bug and made an issue on our issue tracker at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... issues/515