PNG & GIF not working anymore

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Carnivac

PNG & GIF not working anymore

Post by Carnivac »

Since the most recent update the server doesn't let me view png and gif picture files on my PS3. Everytime I try the PS3 comes up with 'The Data is Corrupted' when it worked perfectly fine in the weeks before I updated. jpg files work as normal.
ExSport

Re: PNG & GIF not working anymore

Post by ExSport »

Check red part when creating post! ;)
Carnivac

Post by Carnivac »

Sorry I didn't even notice that (to be fair it's more of a really pale pink with small reddish text) and I was rushing about. :D

Ok I done the steps.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Read it again.
What about to reproduce bug? Also you must switch from DEBUG to TRACE level. Also it is good to mention filename you tried and it didn't play to easily find it in log 8-)
Log is totally empty, you started UMS and immediately left without doing anything. ;)
Carnivac

Post by Carnivac »

ExSport wrote: Log is totally empty, you started UMS and immediately left without doing anything. ;)
No I didn't. I started it then tried to view PNG and GIF files on the PS3 streamed from laptop as I have done many times before (on this and PS3 Media Server before I switched to this version). I DID select Trace but for some reason it didn't happen perhaps cos I selected then restarted the program. Trying again now.

Ok attached new one. Look for the png files that have 'froggy' in the filename as that's what I was trying to view but it's failing with all PNG and GIF files I've tried to view on my PS3 from this server.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(79.49 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Code: Select all

TRACE 17:00:47.114 [New I/O worker #3] Network debugger: "froggy01" http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_OP=01 size=11420 http://192.168.1.150:5001/get/82/froggy01.png
It seems there is definitely bug in UMS. PNG file is sent as JPG but PS3 config definitely say PNG is PNG:

# Supported image formats:
Supported = f:jpg    m:image/jpeg
Supported = f:png    m:image/png
Supported = f:gif    m:image/gif
Try to override it in PS3.conf file with

MimeTypesChanges = video/avi=video/x-divx|image/png=image/png|image/jpg=image/png
It should force jpg and png to be tagged as png. This is for testing only that png file will be played so jpg mime will be overridden or not.
Btw. disable or reset cache so file will be parsed again. It is also possible wrong mime is saved directly in DB.
jj123

Post by jj123 »

I can confirm I'm also seeing the same issue on a Sony Bravia
Carnivac

Post by Carnivac »

Ok I tried replacing the mime thing, resetting the cache and server but still not having much luck. I may just have to wait til it's properly fixed.

I'm not sure if the previous version of UMS I used had the same issue or not. I thought not but I may have been mixing it up with PS3 Media Server because I switched to UMS because of PMS's problem with only showing the first two folders/files on a Vita whereas UMS shows all but I seem to recall still having the image issue on the Vita. All I know is it's definitely an issue now. :P
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

I asked to test described steps to more deeply diagnose root cause. If we should search in mime code or mediainfo/ffmpeg detection.
But anyway I suppose we have enough info to dig on right place in source code:-)
Thx
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think this is fixed now for the next version :) Thanks everyone