Mac to PS3 - video stop-start then "this content cannot be played"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
glangford

Mac to PS3 - video stop-start then "this content cannot be played"

Post by glangford »

Hi there,

I'm new at this so apologies if I have not done anything correctly (I have read the problem rules, etc).

I don't know much about the advanced options, just a user trying to stream media. I used to use PS3 Media Server a lot and only upgraded to UMS this week. I often got choppy video on PS3 MS, but used to simply pause and unpause and that would sort it out.

With UMS, my audio stops, then the video stops a short while later. Everything is still, then the audio comes back and the video starts to play again when the audio catches up to it. This happens a few times, then eventually I get a black screen and "this content cannot be played". I can reselect the video file from the beginning (the resume option doesn't work) and go through it all again.

I am on a wireless connection using a Time Capsule as a router. I have dropped the bandwidth a few times, and also lowered the buffer, but nothing seems to work. File types are varied, from mpg to avi to mkv, and various resolutions (mostly 720p or below).

Any assistance appreciated. Log file attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(239.93 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
glangford

Re: Mac to PS3 - video stop-start then "this content cannot be played"

Post by glangford »

Does no-one have a solution for me?
Optimus_prime

Re: Mac to PS3 - video stop-start then "this content cannot be played"

Post by Optimus_prime »

Could you test across a wired connection and post the debug. Nothing in you log stands out right now but a comparison would help
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum