Bad support for Philips 8809

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Asndreasace

Bad support for Philips 8809

Post by Asndreasace »

Have tried all versions of UMS, but it seems that it dont have a proper support for Philips 55PUS8809 TV.

Even that UMS regognize my tv, but the media is not playable.
Its just loading for a few minuted and then it goes back to "main list"

BUT it works if i choose to force a default renderer and choose Android ( its a android TV).
But still. Some users may not know this and that migh be a problem

Regard
Andreas
_Adik_

Re: Bad support for Philips 8809

Post by _Adik_ »

Hi,

I can confirm this wierd behaviour on my 48PFS8209 (white version of 48PFS8109). When auto-detected profile is assigned
(for PFS TVs), the TV shows the UMS but while trying to browse it I'm unable to. TV shows that no supported media is detected.
After forcing renderer to Android, not only I can browse all my media files but I can also play any movie without any issue!

If you need some details/logs/configs etc. in order to fix this bug, please request it below and I will try to provide it ASAP.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

What about to first try to follow instructions at http://www.universalmediaserver.com/faq ... erSupport1 and if you not have success than follow Forum rules mentioned at the top of this page? Thanks.
Uppie

Post by Uppie »

Hi,

i know the problem on my Philips PUS7809. As far as I can see it is not directly a UMS problem but more a Philips problem since it has been established that in a lot of new model TV's they don't have a full implementation of de UPnP/DLNA handshake. The TV doesn't announce itself with all the prescribed properties to UMS (or any other mediaserver). That makes detection for UMS tricky. Apart from that some of the new TV's are combined renderer and server, which adds more confusion.

Apart from delivering the log to make troubleshooting in any way possible, you could try the config i'm trying to build for my Philips and which works for me (but mayby not for you're model ;) )

Good luck!

Uppie
Philips-PUS7809.conf
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 467 times