UMS 2.0 Credential Editor - Is not working for me!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S7eele

UMS 2.0 Credential Editor - Is not working for me!

Post by S7eele »

I performed a clean install of UMS 2.0 on Vista 64, used the UMS Plugin Manager to install both the MovieInfo and Channels plugins. I manually updated all channel files to version 2.04. After performing that update I decided to give the UMS 2.0 credential file editor try, it didn't work. I am bringing it forward to the experts to have them take a look. It is my understanding the the .cred file is not created during any of the installations and that the UMS 2.0 credential editor will create it in the programdata/ums folder if it is not already there. I decided to try it two ways so you will find two zipped log packages attached. The first approach I took was to remove the UMS.cred file that I had created manually in the programdata/ums folder so that there was no existing UMS.cred to work with. I then opened UMS, attempted to use the credential editor a minimum of three times and glanced through the logs. Unfortunately, I don't see anything that might be able to help. Oh yeah, did I mention I have trace on so these are large log files. The second approach was to return the UMS.cred file that I know works to the programdata/ums folder, launch UMS 2.0 and try using the credential editor within, a minimum of three times this go round as well. None of the attempts worked in this scenario either. Again I found absolutely nothing I thought might be of help in the logs but that is why I am posting this and attaching the log files. The attached files are numbered 001 for approach 1 and 0002 for approach 2. Let me know what you figure out or if you need anything else from me.
Attachments
111012_002.ums_dbg.zip
Log Files for Approach 2
(23.31 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
111012_001.ums_dbg.zip
Log Files for Approach 1
(23.69 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Peace!
S7eele

Re: UMS 2.0 Credential Editor - Is not working for me!

Post by S7eele »

The one post I make sure to provide all the logs for and doesn't even get noticed for over a month. :cry:

jk but wanted to make sure I gave you everything you needed. Appears to be resolved now anyway so I will give it a try.
Peace!