Windows 10

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
phrozenstare

Re: Windows 10

Post by phrozenstare »

fabiob6804 wrote:I don't know if is a Win 10 issue but now when i play a gopro film on ps3, after 1 or 2 it stop with an error (80710736, network error).
Note that i must play with [no encoding] because framerate with ffmpeg or mencoder is too high...
No codec installed, only UMS 5.2.1
(sorry for my english :( )
if it wasn't able to play before you upgraded to windows 10 then it is not likely a problem with the windows 10 upgrade
fabiob6804

Post by fabiob6804 »

before was quite perfect... no network error...

note: after 1 / 2 minutes of play, the error occur.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

something is definitely not right.. I reinstalled, updated java.. The xbox one can't seem to find the sever and android only seems to play music, videos won't serve.. everything was fine prior to windows 10, not really sure how to proceed..
saunders241

Post by saunders241 »

I've been having pretty much the same problems since the upgrade to Win 10. The Renderers page shows my Xbox One and that's it, and nothing (been testing with a PS4 and Xbox One) shows the actual media server. I've upgraded to 5.2.1 and the new Java, confirmed the media sharing settings in Control Panel as well as the correct network interface inside UMS, and even after reboots nothing is showing. I'm having the same problem with PS3 Media Server, so (at least to me) it's seeming like there's a Windows issue itself (that, or I'm missing something obvious).

Update: I upgraded to the 5.2.2 beta, and it started giving me errors about port 5001 being blocked (which I know for a fact it isn't), but it shows and works on the PS4. The Xbox One, however, is still nothing (not even showing up on my media server list).
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug File
(20.12 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

I opened ports 1900 and 5001 in windows firewall.. everything is streaming great now on android, but the xbox one still can't see the server...
chaton78

Post by chaton78 »

Yep, clearly a Windows 10 firewall issue. I've turned off Windows 10 Firewall on private network and now it is working... Don't worry, I am running Sophos UTM in-line with my network pipe.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

chaton78 wrote:Yep, clearly a Windows 10 firewall issue. I've turned off Windows 10 Firewall on private network and now it is working...
not for me, i tried this and the xbox one still cannot find the server... I'm starting to get frustrated.. :evil:
zerobyte

Post by zerobyte »

Hello all,

I had problems with Universal Media Server after update to Windows 10. My Xbox One cannot to see UMS anymore.

So, I tried somethings, starting with Windows Firewall and checking another things. At least I solved the problem.

On UMS tab, named General Settings, there is a section with the title "NETWORK SETTINGS - CHANGE ONLY WITH YOU HAVE PROBLEMS". There you need to change the Push network on interface and choose your ethernet card (wifi or cabled). After that, restart the services and it will appears normally on Xbox One and work without problems.

On this meanwhile I tested another media servers and I saw very good ones, but no one is good enough like UMS, because for me, it show the vídeos with subtitles without problems.

Sorry for my english. I am a brazilian guy and I am trying to improve it.

Regards.
jaybird

Post by jaybird »

zerobyte wrote: On UMS tab, named General Settings, there is a section with the title "NETWORK SETTINGS - CHANGE ONLY WITH YOU HAVE PROBLEMS". There you need to change the Push network on interface and choose your ethernet card (wifi or cabled). After that, restart the services and it will appears normally on Xbox One and work without problems.

Still not working on my end.. I tried running it as an admin, and running it in compatibility mode for win 8.. nope, nothing.. Like I said, I have no problems streaming audio/video to android devices just the xbox one.. I'm going to setup my PS3 and see if that works..
zerobyte

Post by zerobyte »

Sorry for hear that jaybird.

I had Windows 8.1 and it worked perfectly. After update to Windows 10 I had the same problems. Before to change the settings in the last post I updated Java VM, checked the firewall and restarted my Xbox One.

I cannot to see right now another way to solve that. My UMS version is 5.2.1.

I did a test with my laptop and Windows 10 and mixed the settings of Domestic Group to the Xbox see my laptop again (before update I could see it on Xone Media Player). After change some settings Xbox was enabled to see my laptop shared files again. Just after that I did the modifications on UMS. I don´t know...maybe UMS and Domestic Group share something...

I will keep looking for a aditional solution, to try to help you guys.