Unknown images displaying on devices

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
CityFlicker

Unknown images displaying on devices

Post by CityFlicker »

Hi,
I've just started using UMS and so far pretty happy.
I've noticed though that for some reason all these images keep showing up on my devices under photos. These are not my images and they reside in the AppData\Local\Temp\universalmediaserver\ihm.googleusercontent.com folder.
From the folder name can I assume that these are other users images? If not what are they and how do I get rid of them? I've tried to delete this folder which it allows, but it then returns. I don't particularly want all these images displayed on my devices especially considering they aren't mine. Any one else encountered this? Is there a setting to turn it off?
I'm also have the same issue as posted with subtitles causing severe stuttering.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Great product guys.
Cheers
jj123

Re: Unknown images displaying on devices

Post by jj123 »

That sounds like a Web image feed.

You can edit the following file C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\WEB.conf

Underneath the section # image feeds, you'll see a number of URLs which point to various sites for image feeds, add the # symbol to the start of each line to disable the feed.

Then restart UMS for the change to take effect.
CityFlicker

Re: Unknown images displaying on devices

Post by CityFlicker »

Thank you :)
That partially fixed the problem. I can't see the actual images now, but I can still see all the image placeholders with the same names. I've scanned my drive and they don't seem to be anywhere. I reset the cache in UMS to see if that helped by no effect.
Any other ideas?
Thanks Again