Updated Java, now no renderers being found.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
alza1006

Updated Java, now no renderers being found.

Post by alza1006 »

Hey guys, recently I updated to Java Version 8 Update 60 (I was on Java 8 before the issue too, just an earlier update), and since then my UMS doesn't find my PS3 or ANY renderers at all.

The Java update was the only change made to my PC in the days before the issue started, so I believe this is what caused it.

I am running UMS 5.1.4 Java 8 version (I tried downloading the latest 5.2.2 in both the default Java 7 and Java 8, and neither one helped).

I have tried both 'force networking' and 'force IP', neither of those work too. I have also tried disabling my Norton Firewall.

Plex and Serviio both find my PS3, so I don't think it is a port or firewall issue.
ums_dbg.zip
(19.75 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
There are my trace logs, hope it helps.

PS. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and my PS3 is connected via ethernet cable, in case that makes a difference.

Thank you!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Updated Java, now no renderers being found.

Post by SubJunk »

Try running UMS as admin, that can often fix this issue
alza1006

Post by alza1006 »

Hi SubJunk,

running UMS as admin doesn't work either.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi alza, can you please upload new logs using the latest UMS version, when it's being run as administrator? Thanks
alza1006

Post by alza1006 »

Hi SubJunk, sorry for the delay, here are the new logs.
ums_dbg.zip
(20.23 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
vander

Post by vander »

hi, I've got the same problem!
I would create a new post writing about this, but there was yet!
this issue, for me, is just on windows (now i've got windows 10, but i'd got the same trouble on windows 8 and 8.1 first).

I can add an information more; when i've updated java jre, i restored java security prompt; maybe this matters.

Thanks for helping!
jj123

Post by jj123 »

This sounds exactly like a firewall issue.

Every time you update your version of Java, windows will re-prompt you for the firewall settings, Allow Private Allow Public options.

If you incorrectly ticked the wrong option Windows will be remembering this setting.

For Windows 10 type "Firewall" into the Search windows box, next to the start button. Click the "Windows Firewall Control Panel"
Click the option on the left "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
Here you'll see a list of all the different apps that are allowed on your network, scroll down the list, you might find multiple versions of "Java (TM) Platform SE Binary"

Make sure that the Private option is ticked for each Java version installed.

Hope that helps.
alza1006

Post by alza1006 »

For me this isn't the issue. I didn't restore any security prompts, my firewall is managed by Norton 360, and both java and ums have been set to be allowed through.

Vander, it doesn't sound like you have the same issue as me, because you had it back before on Windows 8, 8.1 etc. Mine is specific to the latest update. In this case you are better off making your own thread (unless what jj123 said helped you out), because we don't have the same issue, and the solutions might get cluttered because of it for other people.
vander

Post by vander »

You're all right!
I had a trouble with my network access point; cause i've got a network extensions.
I thought the issue was matter with java update, but i wrong.
Thanks for all!
;)
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Hi alza, why do you use 32-bit Java on the Windows 10 64-bit? I am not sure if it help but try the Java 64-bit.