Random Stuttering?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Porotto

Random Stuttering?

Post by Porotto »

So ive checked google to find a solution but nothing has really popped up, basically im running UMS from my computer to my tv downstairs (its connected via ethernet 76Mb/s) when im watching videos mainly 720 or 1080p (no subtitles) they random lag and stutter every 5 minutes or so, which is a slight bother for a few second than returns to normal. any known fix for this ? nothing i searched really pulled up an answer.
Wolfgan

Re: Random Stuttering?

Post by Wolfgan »

Porotto wrote:So ive checked google to find a solution but nothing has really popped up, basically im running UMS from my computer to my tv downstairs (its connected via ethernet 76Mb/s) when im watching videos mainly 720 or 1080p (no subtitles) they random lag and stutter every 5 minutes or so, which is a slight bother for a few second than returns to normal. any known fix for this ? nothing i searched really pulled up an answer.
It may be connection or transcoding related, it may help if you attach the logs as per viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Panny

Re: Random Stuttering?

Post by Panny »

I solved my Panasonic stuttering by changing the renderer bandwidth (not the bandwidth in the main GUI which is default at 90).

Took some testing but it would seem that the sweet spot for my TV was 25Mb/s where all stuttering disappeared. The setting in the renderer profile you need to change is called "MaxVideoBitrateMbps = xx".