UMS crashing "request cannot be completed"

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
chamelious

UMS crashing "request cannot be completed"

Post by chamelious »

I'm using a Samsung 5 series TV which keeps crashing out when trying to load my shared folder.

I have a smaller shared folder which generally works, the larger one about 90% of the time crashes out with the error "request cannot be completed". I've tried rolling back to an older version of UMS. I can't figure it out, its worked fine for years pretty much.

I'm trying to reproduce the error for logs but typically its started working again. Will keep trying, anyone have any ideas?
Nadahar

Re: UMS crashing "request cannot be completed"

Post by Nadahar »

It could be that the folder is so big that it takes UMS more time to parse it than your renderer (the TV) is willing to wait. I assume it's the renderer that says "request cannot be completed"?

Try dividing the big folder in two smaller for example, or organize the files into folders. UMS has to parse all files in a given folder before it can reply, and with a lot of files that can take some time.
chamelious

Post by chamelious »

It is the renderer yeah, but its not THAT big and its actually gotten smaller recently, as well as having worked for a long time previously. When it DOES load (which its doing continously now!) it only takes a few seconds.
chamelious

Post by chamelious »

Heres a log if theres anything to look for in here, this includes several example of me opening the bigger and smaller folder, though as of yet no failures.
Attachments
debug.zip
(181.48 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm afraid you'll have to capture a failure if the log is going to be of much use.
chamelious

Post by chamelious »

No prob will come back with one aSAP
chamelious

Post by chamelious »

Nadahar wrote:I'm afraid you'll have to capture a failure if the log is going to be of much use.
FYI i THINK i solved this. Recently updated my main machine to Windows 10, noticed in the logs UMS was reporting a lot of "unknown renderer" about my Win10 machine. Turned off the feature in Win10 that makes itself available as a renderer, issue seems to have gone.

May be worth you guys looking into.