streaming suddenly started stopping after 1-2 minutes

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Faile

streaming suddenly started stopping after 1-2 minutes

Post by Faile »

For some strange reason, my streaming setup from PC UMS -> Samsung TV stopped working.

The symptoms are stop of streaming 1-2 minutes after starting it, also, most video files are showing up as dated 1-Jan-2000 in the interface (could be unrelated).

I've attached trace logs.

This has worked fine for several years but now suddenly, doesn't want to work at all. Video files are working locally.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(51.95 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Gareee

Re: streaming suddenly started stopping after 1-2 minutes

Post by Gareee »

We saw the same thing last night.. walking dead stopped on our ps4, as well as something else I forget. I restarted the server to see if there was a memory leak, and nothing changed... popped in here just now to see if this was a known issue.

EDIT: The problem seems to be with MKV format playback... I converted the mkv to mp4, and it plays back fine. Last time I recall this happening, one of the popular encoder programs updated and changed formats slightly causing the issue.

The file in question specifically for me was The.Walking.Dead.S06E06.720p.HDTV.x264-0SEC
Gareee

Re: streaming suddenly started stopping after 1-2 minutes

Post by Gareee »

No solution to this issue? I just ran into it again tonight with
The.Walking.Dead.S06E07.720p.HDTV.x264-0SEC