UMS 6.0.0-a1 doesn't detect PS3 as media renderer

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jamesb

UMS 6.0.0-a1 doesn't detect PS3 as media renderer

Post by jamesb »

Hi everyone.

I've just installed UMS on my desktop and it doesn't seem my PS3 as media renderer. Serviio is working fine on the other hand. Can't seem to find any rules on windows firewall preventing any inbound or outbound traffic from UMS. Help?
Nadahar

Re: UMS 6.0.0-a1 doesn't detect PS3 as media renderer

Post by Nadahar »

As always, to get any help, post debug files as described in red above.
jamesb

Post by jamesb »

Nadahar, apologies for missing that.

Attaching the file. In the meantime, UMS has detected my Samsung TV as a media renderer, but I'm unable to see it as a DLNA source on my TV.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(39.53 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Try to disable the firewall. The Windows firewall is by default in "default block" mode, that means you don't need rules to block, you need rules to allow. If UMS can find your TV but your TV can't find UMS, it sounds very much like a firewall problem. I haven't looked in the debug files, try to disable the firewall first.
jamesb

Post by jamesb »

Hi Nadahar.

I didn't disabled the firewall but added two new rules (fkor inbound and outbound) allowing all traffic from UMS. Although UMS recognizes the media renderer, it's still not showing on the other other end, Thanks.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Try to disable the firewall to see if that solves the problem. I'm not saying you should keep it disabled, but you have to try it so we can eliminate issues caused by the firewall. If you're behind a router with NAT, there's no need to run a local firewall on your computer as your router functions as a firewall. Your IP address (10.10.10.5) from the log indicates that you are behind such a router and NAT, since 10.10.10.5 is in the private IPv4 address spaces. That means you can permanently disable the firewall unless you have untrusted devices on your local network.