could not be parsed. It will be hidden

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
johngcp

could not be parsed. It will be hidden

Post by johngcp »

Hello, I have just started having this problem today. I use filebot to rename my files, and have been using it for a long time now. So today I renamed some files, and sent them to my folder where my media is, There are other files there with the exact same naming and order already there. I also did 2 files earlier and they worked just fine. Anyway I have zero clue what to do, I tried upgrading to the 6.0.0. a1 version to see if that would clear the problem, I did a clean install as well to see if that would fix the problem and still the problem is there. I have looked at the forums, but seem to see no answers on how to fix this problem so I'm posting in hopes someone can help me out. I have a wired connection with my laptop running windows 8.1 and it's connected to my ps3 which I'm using as a media server. I've been using ums for years now, and this is a problem I noticed first on 5.3.1 which a version I just started to use days ago. the reason I moved to this version is because the version I was on 4.2.0 was working great, and then one day decided it didn't want to play any movies anymore and kept giving me a error and blank screen which updating ums solved. anyway any quick help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah the files are in the folder, but when I got to the place where they should be on the Ps3 in UMS the files are missing.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(49.9 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Nadahar

Re: could not be parsed. It will be hidden

Post by Nadahar »

The files are hidden because UMS can't parse them, or MediaInfo can't parse them to be exact. That means that UMS don't know how to play them, and thus they are hidden. The question is why. This has to do with the format of the files somehow.

To try to figure out what's the problem, you should install a GUI version of MediaInfo and open the files with that, to see what it comes up with. Since MediaInfo's "own" Windows GUI comes with some crapware in the installer in the latest versions, I'd try this one (I haven't tried it myself). The latest version of MediaInfo's own GUI without crapware I've found is 0.7.74. In any case, opening the files in question with a gui and pasting the results here might shed some light on what the problem is. The information you'll get in the GUI is basicly the same information that UMS will recieve when analyzing the file.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

What's an example of such a file path? Is it extremely long?
Does it work if you test by putting the file in a folder in the root of your C drive?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

squadjot wrote:What's an example of such a file path? Is it extremely long?
Does it work if you test by putting the file in a folder i root of your C drive?
Look in the log file - the names seem fine, that's not the problem. UMS can find the files, but it can't figure out their "container", which means the file format.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

G:\TV\Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 07\ The Big Bang Theory - S07E20.The Relationship Diremption_720p.mp4

It seems file name starts with a blank space? Could that be it?

Edit: Hmm..other files named the same way seems to get parsed ok.. nevermind
johngcp

Post by johngcp »

here is the mediaifo text I saved after I dropped it in there. Also I thought about the space before the T and deleted it, (it is weird that it's there) and it had zero effect.
Attachments
tbbt problem.txt
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's H.265/HEVC. UMS should be able to recognize that as far as I know. There are two "modes" from what I can understand, "hvc1" and "hev1". This is "hvc1", maybe that's a problem for UMS. I really know way too little about this format to come up with something useful, but I'm pretty sure it's the format that's the problem.

I think SubJunk should have a look at this, but he's very busy. I still think it's somewhat odd that it fails the way it does, it doesn't try to deliver the file, it simply conclude that the format is unknown and hides the file. I'd need such a file to check out what's happening in detail.
johngcp

Post by johngcp »

I'm not sure if it's too large to attach here, or if I could send the file, (like if it's against rules) but if I can send it to you someway I'll send you one of the files. I have tried renaming other files since (Of a different filetype but same show) and don't get any errors, so I'm guessing it is something to do with the file type as well. It might not be anything too big to even look at maybe it's just something that pops up every once in awhile?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It seems to me as a bug on UMS' part, I'd definitly like to take a closer look at the parsing. Sadly you can't attach such a file here.
johngcp

Post by johngcp »

understandable.