Software to auto download movie covers?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dreamsss

Software to auto download movie covers?

Post by dreamsss »

I tried using Media Companion, but I cant seem to change the outpath of the covers. That's the a must for me. Also nice to set my own naming system.
taconaut

Re: Software to auto download movie covers?

Post by taconaut »

Both your requests are covered with ums-mlx.
dreamsss

Post by dreamsss »

squadjot wrote:Some people uses http://www.filebot.net/
I don't see any options about getting movie covers.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ok?, It's mentioned several times on the frontpage.
FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming your movies, tv shows or anime, and music well as downloading subtitles and artwork. It's smart and just works.
Fetch artwork and create nfo files for TV shows or movies
Setting up a fully automated media center – extract archives, organize tv shows and movies, download subtitles, fetch artwork and metadata, update XBMC – with FileBot it's that easy!

You'll have to dig in the manual for yourself, i'm not a user of filebot
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Another (decoupled from UMS) interesting app I see it recommended in other forums is http://www.tinymediamanager.org/
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'd recommend UMS-MLX, but if that for some reason isn't an option, there's also the MovieInfo plugin that can be installed from the Plugin Management tab.

The plugin is a bit old and I don't know how well it works, but I think it had some support for movie covers. "Uninstalling" the plugin is easy, just remove the jar file from the plugins folder.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

A spambot just dragged this post up from the past and after dealing with it had a quick look.

That UMS-MLX plug-in looks interesting and is a shame that plug-ins are no longer supported.

It seems like a good fit with how UMS can get metadata for the web browser now. Maybe it could be fully integrated into future versions of UMS?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The author of UMS-MLX wanted to integrate the project with UMS, and I thought it was a great idea. At that time, there were other UMS developers that were very much against it though. I don't know the full story, but I got the impression that it was personal. The UMS-MLX author was a developer with the originating PS3MS project, so I assumed that there were some history that I don't know.

It's a really a shame regardless, but I think it's way too late to salvage now. I think the author has given up the whole thing, and the differences between the two has grown a lot since then.