Movie freezes randomly on my TV (Philips|46PFL6606H/12) [SOLVED]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
alargos

Movie freezes randomly on my TV (Philips|46PFL6606H/12) [SOLVED]

Post by alargos »

Hello there... im new and i would like to report that i have some freezings during watching (streaming) a movie (.mp4) to my TV (serie 46PFL6606H/12) from the first looks everything fine i watch the movie without any problem.. somewhere around the middle of duration the movie just get freeze ( like stops from itself ).

So i have two options to resume it and to start it again... (the resume option doesnt work)
The second option is to start the movie from the beginning and forward it to the scene (to the duration) where has stoped.
But whats the interesting part? the movie freeze again somewhere near where has stoped before (or exactly in the same duration) even if i started it from the beginning and forwarded it..

The movie works perfectly on my pc ... it isn't problem with the movie..
So i wonder is it the program or my net?
But i won't take in consideration my internet because it's enough fast and unlimited.. (60/mpbs)
I run the UMS from my PC with wired internet.

My pc also have good performances (so it's logical it wont even start if is not good enough)

i'll give a few pics from the program to see how did i configure the settings of UMS... so maybe the trick is there.. (if someone knows) :roll: :mrgreen:

If needed i can also post other informations.

Thanks guys i hope we'll solve the problem :mrgreen:
Last edited by alargos on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: Movie freezes randomly on my TV (Philips|46PFL6606H/12)

Post by Nadahar »

It could very well be a problem with the movie even if your PC (or rather some media player on your PC) plays it. Different media players handle errors differently, and it's in no way certain that you TV handles an error as gracefully as whatever media player you tested it with on your PC.

That said, you should read the text in red above if you want anyone to try to look at it. Still, if the problem is only with this particular movie, I'd say the problem lies between the movie and your TV.
alargos

Post by alargos »

Nadahar wrote:It could very well be a problem with the movie even if your PC (or rather some media player on your PC) plays it. Different media players handle errors differently, and it's in no way certain that you TV handles an error as gracefully as whatever media player you tested it with on your PC.

That said, you should read the text in red above if you want anyone to try to look at it. Still, if the problem is only with this particular movie, I'd say the problem lies between the movie and your TV.
And some other possibilities? cuz this happening on all movies... randomly it doesnt matter when in the beginning in the middle by the end... it must freeze.. :cry:
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Can you ping your renderer when this happens?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

As long as you don't supply debug files we can only speculate. Again, please READ the text IN RED on the top of the page.
alargos

Post by alargos »

[/quote]
Madoka wrote:Can you ping your renderer when this happens?
Of course i will next time when this happen .. i'll screenshot or attach the log file..
Nadahar wrote:As long as you don't supply debug files we can only speculate. Again, please READ the text IN RED on the top of the page.
ok i will , when this happen again i'll post pic .. but i won't be so shure cuz the log will show where is the "error" .. :?

Thanks anyway
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

alargos wrote: ok i will , when this happen again i'll post pic .. but i won't be so shure cuz the log will show where is the "error" .. :?
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT post a picture - it's of no help to us.

What you need to do is to read and follow these instructions.
alargos

Post by alargos »

Nadahar wrote:
alargos wrote: ok i will , when this happen again i'll post pic .. but i won't be so shure cuz the log will show where is the "error" .. :?
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT post a picture - it's of no help to us.

What you need to do is to read and follow these instructions.
I already saw .. it's ok i'll attach the debugs in .rar
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

alargos wrote: I already saw .. it's ok i'll attach the debugs in .rar
There is no need to create a .rar. UMS will generate a .zip file with the information we need if you follow the instructions.
alargos

Post by alargos »

Nadahar wrote:
alargos wrote: I already saw .. it's ok i'll attach the debugs in .rar
There is no need to create a .rar. UMS will generate a .zip file with the information we need if you follow the instructions.
Ok here are .. ums_debug files.. attached... i hope they'll be useful
ums_dbg.zip
UMS DEBUG FILES
(171.44 KiB) Downloaded 521 times