Empty Plugin Management tab

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

Hello, guys!

I have an empty Plugin Management tab even if I install a newer version of UMS upon the old one with the "Clear install" option checked during install procedure.
The first time I launch the UMS after such a "Clear install" there is an fully functional list of the plugins.
But, if I exit and then launch the UMS again, I've only getting the screen below.
And thus it works every launch afterwards till the next one "Clear install" of the newer version.

It works that way for the last numerous versions of the UMS for me, so I attaching the debug ZIP with the "Trace" level, so may be someone could help me to understand, what is wrong )))
Speaking truly, I'm not using the plugins yet, but I suppose it shouldn't work that way.

P.S. Searched for the similar topics on the forum but haven't found any...
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
Empty Plugin Management tab.jpg (155.45 KiB) Viewed 9509 times
P1tBu11

Re: Empty Plugin Management tab

Post by P1tBu11 »

On the general tab have you enabled "enable external network"? ...then refresh the plugins.
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

P1tBu11 wrote:On the general tab have you enabled "enable external network"? ...then refresh the plugins.
I usually don't do what, because it seems unsecure for me, but You are right, checking "enable external network" resolves my problem.
Thank You very much for the help!

It would be useful if the developing team adds this info into the "Help" section of the UMS.
This topic could be closed!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Enable external network isn't unsafe. It just means that UMS is allowed to connect to the internet if it needs to. Most software today won't even ask about this, but UMS tries not to be rude and won't use the internet unless this is allowed. The name of the option could probably be improved.
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

Nadahar wrote:Enable external network isn't unsafe. It just means that UMS is allowed to connect to the internet if it needs to. Most software today won't even ask about this, but UMS tries not to be rude and won't use the internet unless this is allowed. The name of the option could probably be improved.
Dear Nadahar!
Thank You very much for Your comprehensive answer!
This topic could be closed, I guess.