UMS Transcoding with GPU Accelaration (Cuda/CoreAVC)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
yardi

UMS Transcoding with GPU Accelaration (Cuda/CoreAVC)

Post by yardi »

Hi!!

I wonder if there is any possibility to activate GPU Acceleration with an CUDA featured Onboard-GPU while transcoding and streaming h264 files with UMS.

I run UMS on an nvidia ION System with Vista x64. I own a CoreAVC license and H264 encoding works fine with it on the local computer.
When streaming a 1080p 3D video file (h264 in .mkv Container) with UMS oder PMS i get a lot of juggeling and the Atom 330 CPU is totally overloaded.

I read a lot tutorials about this theme but no one is working for me. Those tutorials were very old though.

Maybe i can get some tipps or tutorials about this theme that are currently working.

Thanks in Advance.
ExSport

Re: UMS Transcoding with GPU Accelaration (Cuda/CoreAVC)

Post by ExSport »

yardi wrote:...I own a CoreAVC license and H264 encoding works fine with it on the local computer.....
CoreAVC is decoder only, not encoder ;)
yardi

Post by yardi »

Right, sorry for that.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Hi yardi,

I am getting caught up on the forum after a lengthy absence. When I saw this it caught my eye because I used CoreCodec for a long time with PMS and posted on this forum regarding it's use with UMS a short while after SJ (and crew) branched off from PMS. Upon reading this I thought the info from my previous post related to CoreAVC might interest you and I wanted to ask whether you actually got the answer(s) you were looking for when you opened the thread or do you maybe need to reword the question? No offense intended, I have difficulty wording questions that the experts can understand. :oops:

I still have CoreCodec and if it would offer any advantages would certainly consider using it again, only reason I am chiming in.

Link to my previous thread on CoreAVC is provided below if you are interested:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76
Peace!