Startup error still present in 2.5.2.1

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Optimus_prime

Re: Startup error still present in 2.5.2.1

Post by Optimus_prime »

orgon3 wrote:For me, UMS has always used 32bit Java, unless I specifically tell it not to. 64bit Java has always been available, but it's never been used by default. Kind of defeats the point of having it.
Personally, I would like to see UMS use 64bit java first then 32bit java. I've been running my own version for awhile that does that, but thats just for me to play around with while i learn to code better. But other using java 64bit i can't see any reason to make it (UMS) fully 64bit. It just introduces other headaches that UMS doesn't need, whilst making a better product that is
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
orgon3

Re: Startup error still present in 2.5.2.1

Post by orgon3 »

Optimus_prime wrote:Personally, I would like to see UMS use 64bit java first then 32bit java. I've been running my own version for awhile that does that, but thats just for me to play around with while i learn to code better. But other using java 64bit i can't see any reason to make it (UMS) fully 64bit. It just introduces other headaches that UMS doesn't need, whilst making a better product that is
That is what I suggested. I never suggested making UMS fully 64-bit. Just for memory sake, I suggested earlier that it checks first for 64-bit Java, and if it's there, it uses it. If not, load up 32-bit.