Mencoder AVI strange stutter

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mx5gr

Mencoder AVI strange stutter

Post by mx5gr »

As of some UMS versions ago (currently running 2.6.0), when trying to playback .avi files (Xvid/DivX) to my PS3 or my Sony Bravia 32EX500, I get every two-three minutes a strange stutter. In detail, video freezes for about a second, audio is played back seamlessly during that period, and then-after that pause-video and audio go back in sync, albeit video has been skipped for about 1-2 seconds (the interval of the pause).

This does not happen when FFMpeg is used as a transcoding engine, something that is highly avoided as the picture quality is far inferior than the one Mencoder produces, or when PS3 is used to playback the avi file using its built-in decoding support.

I attach all Debug logs. Any ideas?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Mencoder AVI strange stutter

Post by SubJunk »

Looks like a pretty weird avi file, does it happen with normal ones too?
mx5gr

Post by mx5gr »

Yes, with all Xvid/DivX files.. I have tried many, some of which I can verify that they played out correctly with previous versions of UMS/Mencoder, as mentioned previously.
lewism

Post by lewism »

I have a very similar issue. I can stream avi to my PS3 for about an hour then the stuttering start.

After the stuttering starts, the UMS window on my PC is bugged out. I will try to post a log next time.
mx5gr

Post by mx5gr »

Issue has not been resolved with UMS 2.6.5 ...