Help me with Transport Stream

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
regmar

Help me with Transport Stream

Post by regmar »

My Sony Bravia 2010 is capable to playback TS videos/AC-3 audio natively. I configured UMS 6.3.2 to skip transcoding for TS extensions. Somehow, UMS refuses to playback them "as is" and insists to transcode them. Under #--TRANSCODE--#, I tried No Transcode without success, I get the message that the video cannot be played. Hard to understand because MiniDLNA can play these video type without any issues on my TV.

Could it be that Closed Captions embedded in the Transport Stream confuse UMS and makes it believe that transcoding is required? As somebody else suggested in the previous post, "encoded passthru" option is not ticked in my case.
Madoka

Re: Help me with Transport Stream

Post by Madoka »

If you tried "No Transcode" without success, it means that your renderer does not like that file for some reason. For example, my PS4 plays mkv, but some mkv have a video/audio combination it does not accept. So, just because it's a .ts file doesn't mean it will work. I have some .ts files but they have AAC audio, so your renderer would not like them.
regmar

Post by regmar »

As I said, the file plays just fine with miniDLNA on the same TV so the problem is not the renderer. Video and audio encoding are obviously supported by the TV.
digitalworld

Post by digitalworld »

When I try to convert a HD-ts video to dvd using Convertxtodvd . Then i play the dvd on a dvd player the audio is jumbled. If i play it through my hdmi receiver and change the sound settings from 7 ch to 2 ch i can hear it. just trying to get a hd-ts video to convert to dvd to b able to play on a regular 2 ch dvd player. It only does this with HD-ts video files.
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

regmar wrote:My Sony Bravia 2010 is capable to playback TS videos/AC-3 audio natively. I configured UMS 6.3.2 to skip transcoding for TS extensions. Somehow, UMS refuses to playback them "as is" and insists to transcode them. Under #--TRANSCODE--#, I tried No Transcode without success, I get the message that the video cannot be played. Hard to understand because MiniDLNA can play these video type without any issues on my TV.

Could it be that Closed Captions embedded in the Transport Stream confuse UMS and makes it believe that transcoding is required? As somebody else suggested in the previous post, "encoded passthru" option is not ticked in my case.
Developers can't help you without logs. Follow the guidelines at the top.
regmar

Post by regmar »

Just to let you know that Serviio streams perfectly .TS videos to my Sony Bravia 2010 model as well as MiniDLNA which is installed by default on my AC-68U Asus router. I will provide log to help UMS developers.