Odd startup/update question for windows 10

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gareee

Odd startup/update question for windows 10

Post by Gareee »

I've never seen this covered anywhere, but hopefully someone knows the cure to the issue. (A log won't really help at all, since its probably a startup preference/os thing.)

Since migrating to windows 10 last year, UMS can't install its updates. It'll give me a popup about them being available, but the application doesn't have the folder admin permissions needed to update itself.

It auto starts in the background upon boot. Is there some way to change its starting options in windows so it has its own permission to update it's folder? Also, the popup update requester it truncated on the right, and you can't manually close it.. the only option is to use the system tray and close ums from there manually.

Its been an ongoing issue for a long time now, but I figured its about time I asked how to correct it.
erick diangilis

Re: Odd startup/update question for windows 10

Post by erick diangilis »

i have this problem with my Windows 10 but i disabled the auto update function and check the website from time to time to see if there is a new version, a beta version or a snapshot to try on the fórum. its kind a bad to the ums don' t update the way is supose to like when i had the Windows 7 on my other laptop. i hope they can fix this problem on a future version. ;)