MKV out of sync

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dulloxide

MKV out of sync

Post by dulloxide »

It seems whenever I watch MKV files my audio gets out of sync more and more as I am watching. I attempted watching with all the default settings fresh from install hoping this would be fixed with UMS since I was using PMS but I found the same issue is present. I have added the log file and below are my system stats I have attempted to correct this with many of the resolution posted in the PSM forums and even attempted to follow online walk-trough's like this one http://darkimmortal.com/2010/12/how-to- ... ia-server/. Nothing I have attempted has worked. I am hard wired and everything I play besides MKV's is amazing. Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

System stats
Intel Core 2 quad cpu Q9300 @2.5GHz
4gb ram
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Thanks
~DullOxide
Attachments
debug.log
(81.78 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
bevster

Re: MKV out of sync

Post by bevster »

my 2 cents because I had this on the ps3 media server,
Under Mencoder settings / expert settings there is a line you can add that was posted on the old forums to fix this problem.
add in this line,

container == matroska :: -mc 0 -noskip

I would of thought that this would be standard issue by now in the code, anyhow it helped me way back when, I hope it helps you now.

cheers
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: MKV out of sync

Post by SubJunk »

Hi dulloxide, welcome to the forum :)
I'm downloading that file now, I'm guessing it is file-specific. At a glance I see it is encoded at 29.97fps, which is unusual for anime so might indicate that the release group did something wrong/weird. I'll let you know when I test it.

bevster, thanks for the tip, that has been in the program for years :)