Publishing network directories

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
assismauro

Publishing network directories

Post by assismauro »

I´d like to use UMS as an alternative to Seagate GoFlex media server, that is, I´d like to make my files available to my TV from a network dir stored in the Seagate drive using UMS.
When I try to add a shared folder mapped from the seagate drive it looks like it´s not possible, beacause there is a red X close to the mapped file. I can select the drive, but not the subdirs, and I can see the files in my Sony Bravia TV.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance,

Mauro
geaves

Re: Publishing network directories

Post by geaves »

Hi, could this be related to your problem? Whilst it relates directly to the PS3 it just might help with UMS.
darkmenace

Post by darkmenace »

How are you mapping the Seagate? Also are you trying to use UMS running as a service? As the service will run in the context of the computer not a user so it can't access drives mapped as a user. To get around this you can try changing the UMS Service to run in the context of a user with the Seagate mapped as a drive so that UMS can access it. Just some ideas.
dan6807

Post by dan6807 »

If you are pointing to a HD connected to the server you need to make sure the file format can be read by the Sony. MP4 are usually the best format. I have the same setup at home. I use a 3TB drive on my computer and UMS to send to a S5500 Sony Blueray Player. With MP4s yu can plug the drive (USB) in the player directly also.