Music playlist empty on Xbox 360

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
radamanthyspl

Music playlist empty on Xbox 360

Post by radamanthyspl »

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, my ps3 works perfect with UMS, but on x360, other than seeing the server nothing happens - music playlists are empty, no files can be found.
The folder structure can bee seen through video player, but obviously files won't play. Is this because xbox filters files in a different way (artist/album/etc.)?
GrindheadJim

Re: Music playlist empty on Xbox 360

Post by GrindheadJim »

radamanthyspl wrote:Don't know what I'm doing wrong, my ps3 works perfect with UMS, but on x360, other than seeing the server nothing happens - music playlists are empty, no files can be found.
The folder structure can bee seen through video player, but obviously files won't play. Is this because xbox filters files in a different way (artist/album/etc.)?
I am having the exact same issue. I would love to be able to integrate my music library into UMS, but, it seems problematic for 360 playback.

While I am here, I need to say that, for video, it's the best server I've used, easily.
SnakeFighter

Post by SnakeFighter »

I'm having a similar problem- did either of you make any progress with this?

I can see all the artists listed in the X360 music application, but no songs or albums. Video seems OK. Everything works on my LG TV DLNA client.
SnakeFighter

Post by SnakeFighter »

Here's the trace log, if anyone can make any sense of it!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(16.23 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

SnakeFighter wrote:Here's the trace log, if anyone can make any sense of it!
I have looked at your log file.
If I'm correct you are sharing files from directories C:\Users\Charlie\Music and C:\Users\Charlie\Videos.
Your log says:
INFO 2013-07-01 07:14:10.276 [New I/O worker #4] Checking shared folder: C:\Users\Charlie\Music
INFO 2013-07-01 07:14:10.278 [New I/O worker #4] Checking shared folder: C:\Users\Charlie\Videos
TRACE 2013-07-01 07:14:10.374 [New I/O worker #4] Could not match any format to "C:\Users\Charlie\Music"
TRACE 2013-07-01 07:14:10.375 [New I/O worker #4] Could not match any format to "C:\Users\Charlie\Music"
TRACE 2013-07-01 07:14:10.375 [New I/O worker #4] Adding Music / class: net.pms.dlna.RealFile
TRACE 2013-07-01 07:14:10.375 [New I/O worker #4] Could not match any format to "C:\Users\Charlie\Videos"
TRACE 2013-07-01 07:14:10.375 [New I/O worker #4] Could not match any format to "C:\Users\Charlie\Videos"

Assuming you are using the default installed XBOX360.conf renderer configuration file, you should be able to detect mp3 or ac3 encoded files for audio.
So are any of these present in your shared directories?
SnakeFighter

Post by SnakeFighter »

Hi SpeedyQ

Yes, there's a whole bunch of mp3s in the folder tree in the music location. I have not modified the CONF file, at least not wittingly!

Cheers
Charlie
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

Hi Charlie,

I'm still in the dark about what's happening actually.
According to the default XBOX360.conf file that you are using, I would expect any mp3 file to be natively be streamed; any other music file format should be transcoded by UMS to format mp3.
Based on that your log should be showing something like:
TRACE 2013-07-02 13:05:20.541 [New I/O worker #16] Matched format MP3 to " C:\Users\Charlie\Music\myfile.mp3"

So I see following possible directions to take your problem forward:
1. There is something wrong with the mp3 files in your directory; you could check it out using the MediaInfo application.
2. Files are not accessible through this directory; very unlikely since you were able to stream using your LG tv, but maybe you want to check rw privileges on files and directories or do a test with a newly created directory.
3. Something wrong with XBOX360.conf; not very likely, since this file has been there for a while and I have not seen topics in the forum related to this.
4. Something wrong in UMS handling the directory entries; means it should be pickedup by the developers.

I'm sure this is not the answer that you were looking for, but it might help you to take it forward I hope. :|
royaldave

Post by royaldave »

BUMP!

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem - I am experiencing the same thing.

Am using 5.3.1 (linux). My video files play fine, but can't see any music files at all. No artists, no playlists, no songs.

Music files are stored on the same drive as the videos.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Hi royaldave.

The log files in this thread is very old, so I'd like to get a fresh one. Please follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines. At point 4 "Reproduce the bug", please go to the "Navigation/Share Settings" tab and click "Reset cache" if cache is enabled. Then browse some of the music folders with your Xbox and finally pack the debug files from UMS.
royaldave

Post by royaldave »

here we go....

should note I can't navigate any folders - they just don't show up. But I clicked on albums, songs and artists for what its worth.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 401 times