Port blocked. change it on the general configuration tab

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
kasen23

Port blocked. change it on the general configuration tab

Post by kasen23 »

Ever Since I switched to the new Rogers Hitron CGN3 and Launch UMS 3.5.0 each time it tells me Port blocked. change it on the general configuration tab. And the current port is the default. Once I change the port it works fine. The next time I reboot my computer and launch UMS it says the same message and than I have to switch the port again. I can even use the default port this time and it works....it appears the same port only works once until I reboot than it stops working until I change it.

I even tried using the PS3 Media server and the same issue happens with the ports.

I have looked through other forum post about ports but haven't really found anything that would help me. If there is more information I can provide please ask.

Thanks
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Last edited by kasen23 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Optimus_prime

Re: Port blocked. change it on the general configuration tab

Post by Optimus_prime »

Please post a log, and check your network settings. This looks to me like something in your network is causing this
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
kasen23

Post by kasen23 »

Optimus_prime wrote:Please post a log, and check your network settings. This looks to me like something in your network is causing this
I just added my log file.

Thanks
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Please Check your router/network settings as something is using the port (5002) you have set. Make sure your router/computer is blocking that port. You will need(anyone feel free to correct me) Upnp on your router turned on.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
kasen23

Post by kasen23 »

Optimus_prime wrote:Please Check your router/network settings as something is using the port (5002) you have set. Make sure your router/computer is blocking that port. You will need(anyone feel free to correct me) Upnp on your router turned on.
That's the thing nothing is using that port. I can change the port to anything I want and it will work that one time until I reboot than it will say the port is in use when it's not?
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Do you have a software firewall running?

(windows Firewall, zonealarm, antivirus with home security...etc..)
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

So can you tell me if, within task manager under processes, is javaw.exe is still running after you exit UMS. Also are you closing UMS every time you finish using it, because if you aren't it maybe still running in the background.
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but it's always hard to isolate the issue.
How Ask For Support
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Optimus_prime wrote:So can you tell me if, within task manager under processes, is javaw.exe is still running after you exit UMS. Also are you closing UMS every time you finish using it, because if you aren't it maybe still running in the background.
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but it's always hard to isolate the issue.
FWIW, I've been noticing this too as of late javaw.exe takes about 2 mins to close and force killing it doesn't help.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I've been seeing a few issues on my end as well. Might start saving the logs and try and find what the cause is
How Ask For Support
kasen23

Post by kasen23 »

I have gone and reset my router to default factory settings and trippled check to make sure there are no other applications using those ports. I can use any port from 5000 to 65000 and it works fine. But after doing a reboot whatever the previous port I was using will say it's in use when I know it's not. Than I have to randomly pick another port and restart UMS and it works fine until the next reboot of the computer and than same issue again. So somehow UMS is saving that port and not allowing me to use it again until the next reboot.