UMSBuilder 1.7 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

UMSBuilder 1.7 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

UMSBuilder automatically builds the latest revision of UMS for Windows and Linux.
To use it, simply unzip UMSBuilder and double-click one of the three options.

Note: This will build the program from potentially untested code, so while it should usually be OK there are no guarantees.
If you want stability, download the latest official release from our front page.

Download it here

Changes since 1.6:
  • General:
    • Added a script "Build for Linux on Linux" (thanks, KingWilliam!)
  • External components:
    • Updated Maven to 3.2.1, which:
      • Fixes bugs
    • Updated Java to 1.7.55, which:
      • Improves security
infidel
Developer

Re: UMSBuilder 1.7 is released

Post by infidel »

Subjunk, Build for Linux on Linux.sh is a bit premature:
  • line endings are Windows, not unix, so it won't execute.
  • the paths in the #Setup env section at the top use backslash instead of fwdslash, so they don't actually point to anything.
  • JAVA_HOME is trying to point to UMSBuilder's jdk, which only has Windows binaries.
If the line endings are fixed, the script works only if the user already has an independant jdk and maven installed on his system, otherwise it errors. With backslashes also fixed and a unix jdk added it will work as intended.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

infidel wrote:Subjunk, Build for Linux on Linux.sh is a bit premature:
  • line endings are Windows, not unix, so it won't execute.
  • the paths in the #Setup env section at the top use backslash instead of fwdslash, so they don't actually point to anything.
  • JAVA_HOME is trying to point to UMSBuilder's jdk, which only has Windows binaries.
If the line endings are fixed, the script works only if the user already has an independant jdk and maven installed on his system, otherwise it errors. With backslashes also fixed and a unix jdk added it will work as intended.
Thanks for the notes, I'll try to fix that now
KingWilliam

Post by KingWilliam »

Apologies for the errors!

I indeed had my own JDK installed causing it to just work for me. I'm a bit surprised by the windows line endings though :)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

No worries, stuff happens as they say :). On the line endings, maybe it had something to do with pastebin. I get a windows version if I press their download button.