Version 3.6.4 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 3.6.4 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release fixes lots of bugs, improves transcoding speed, improves memory use and more!

Changes since 3.6.3:
  • General:
    • Fixed a bug with filename prettifying
    • Fixed a bug with FFmpeg subtitles
    • Fixed a bug with adding files
    • Fixed ignored renderers
  • Renderers:
    • Improved support for Samsung devices
  • External Components:
    • Updated MPlayer/MEncoder for Windows to SB58, which:
      • Improves H.265 support
      • Improves buffer allocation
      • Makes seeking more accurate
      • Improves support for many containers and codecs
      • Improves speed
      • Fixes bugs

Upgrade Notes:

For all versions below 3.2.0:
If you have enabled FFmpeg's fontconfig or hid the New Media folder, you will need to re-apply those settings.

For all versions below 3.0.0-b1:
It is recommended to delete your UMS.conf file prior to installing this version. Windows users can choose the "clean install" option while installing instead.
Madoka

Re: Version 3.6.4 is released

Post by Madoka »

Thanks for the new release!

I would like to mention a long time minor subtitle issue with Mencoder which I have found does not happen with FFmpeg. I've mainly noticed this with .srt subtitles. With Mencoder, subtitles will display only for 5-6 seconds even if the .srt file states it should be longer. FFmpeg displays the subtitle for the correct length of time as indicated by the file. This is not a huge issue but usually these are long lines of dialog that I don't quite finish reading when Mencoder makes them disappear prematurely. Basically, Mencoder is better at .ass subs now, while FFmepg seems better at .srt subs.

If you like, I can make a separate Thread in the Help section and post some debug logs, but it's not like the subs don't work, per se.
Kreeker

Post by Kreeker »

Thanks for this!!

Mind stating what "Improved support for Samsung devices" actually entails?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:Thanks for the new release!

I would like to mention a long time minor subtitle issue with Mencoder which I have found does not happen with FFmpeg. I've mainly noticed this with .srt subtitles. With Mencoder, subtitles will display only for 5-6 seconds even if the .srt file states it should be longer. FFmpeg displays the subtitle for the correct length of time as indicated by the file. This is not a huge issue but usually these are long lines of dialog that I don't quite finish reading when Mencoder makes them disappear prematurely. Basically, Mencoder is better at .ass subs now, while FFmepg seems better at .srt subs.

If you like, I can make a separate Thread in the Help section and post some debug logs, but it's not like the subs don't work, per se.
Hmm it seems like a MEncoder issue so it might be best to make a bug report with them :)
Kreeker wrote:Thanks for this!!

Mind stating what "Improved support for Samsung devices" actually entails?
We enabled "chunked transfer" with newer Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players (E series and later), while it is still disabled for C and D series.
lucasmnk

Post by lucasmnk »

Please, improve the philips renders support. Since 2.6.5 my 42PFL7007 doesn't play anything. It freezes and go back to tv after while. I've checked the PhillipsPFL.conf and is the most recent until now. I also tried use the file on the TRANSCODE folder and the NO CODING file worked fine, but, with no subtitle, even using the srt named as the movie file.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

lucasmnk wrote:Please, improve the philips renders support. Since 2.6.5 my 42PFL7007 doesn't play anything. It freezes and go back to tv after while. I've checked the PhillipsPFL.conf and is the most recent until now. I also tried use the file on the TRANSCODE folder and the NO CODING file worked fine, but, with no subtitle, even using the srt named as the movie file.
If you are happy to do some testing with us then we can fix it I'm sure :) Let me know
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Nice update no major issues i can see to report, still has a few annoying bugs, but releases seem to be coming quick nowadays :)

Suggest the 2 lines of.....

Code: Select all

CustomMencoderOptions =-vf softskip,expand=::::1:16/9:2,scale=1283:720 -lavcopts aspect=16/9
OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter = pad=max(iw\\,ih*16/9):max(ih\\,iw/16*9):(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2, setdar=4/3
Are added to the BaviaEX.conf file for the next release. They improve aspect ratio issues as previously discussed immensely.
lucasmnk

Post by lucasmnk »

SubJunk wrote:If you are happy to do some testing with us then we can fix it I'm sure :) Let me know
Let's go... ;D

What do you need to start?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

lucasmnk wrote:
SubJunk wrote:If you are happy to do some testing with us then we can fix it I'm sure :) Let me know
Let's go... ;D

What do you need to start?
That's great. I'll PM you with how to get started