Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
jumperzz2014

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by jumperzz2014 »

Whogie wrote:Good news!
I tried forcing the PS3 profile, and transcodes work! It's transcoding more than it has to (like all MKVs), but it seems there's nothing I can't play.

:) almost there.
Like i said ;) That PS3 Profile is a good start for the XboxOne. I experienced the same with other Media Servers. For Example Serviio. Use the Xbone Profile they have, mkv's crash or the sound gets trancoded so into low quality. When i select the PS3 Profile everything sounds and runs fine.
jumperzz2014

Post by jumperzz2014 »

Dont know if its Universal or the XboxOne.

But a 1080p mkv with DTS doesnt run without problem. The movie freezes every 1-2 Minutes.
EDIT:

Edited a bit a profile (I used the PS3 as base). Freezing was caused by lpcm it seems

Here are the supported codecs for now (microsoft will add more in the future)

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-s ... er-preview
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

I've watched a decent amount of transcoded content from the profile in my last post without hiccups.
I have hit hiccups that I blame on beta Xbox software, since they disappear when I restart the app. So far those have only happened with non-trascoded videos.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I changed transcodevideo to WMV to get all my web videos to work and voila it did. Now all that doesn't work is external subs so I'll dig on that plus the render overlap.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

OK guys here's the version of XboxOne.conf that will probably be in 4.1.3 which I hope to release later today or tomorrow: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unive ... oxOne.conf

It uses H.264 video and AC-3 audio inside MPEG-TS container for video transcoding. I'm hesitant to use WMV for anything because it is slow to encode which will cause issues for slower computers and it's lower quality than H.264. So if we can get the web videos to work without having to use WMV that would be ideal
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Here's another update which adds streaming support for 3gp video, wav audio and bmp, gif, png and tiff images https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unive ... oxOne.conf
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

I lost transcoded audio with that profile. I'll try tracking down the offending line :P

Edit: While LoadingPriority=1 is enough to make UMS see the Xbox One instead of the 360, it's still necessary to uncheck WMP.
(build 2e928ef67)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Whogie wrote:I lost transcoded audio with that profile. I'll try tracking down the offending line :P

Edit: While LoadingPriority=1 is enough to make UMS see the Xbox One instead of the 360, it's still necessary to uncheck WMP.
(build 2e928ef67)
Maybe we need to add back TranscodeAudio = MP3 or WAV? Probably WAV would be nicer for quality so let's try that first.
I've made another commit to stop the false WMP detection now
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

I'm sorry!! The error was my fault. I accidentally left "Keep DTS tracks" checked because I reformatted my computer. Your new profile seems to be fine.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for all your testing. I'm tagging 4.1.3 for release now so we can have some happy Xbox One users :)