Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Whogie

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by Whogie »

Hi, I have a previously working file that's failing to load with 4.2.0. (subtitle detection?)
It used to not try to transcode ("[No encoding]" still works). Now it does, and it errors out instead of transcoding.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(81.79 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
chonka

Post by chonka »

jaapie18 wrote:Is there already a way to keep the DTS tracks?
I have this same problem. I can get DTS to pass thru on the PS3, but not the Xbone. I don't hear anything with the Xbone.

I've tried forcing the Xbox to output in Bitstream format of DTS, but it still doesn't work. I also tried adding a "dts" line for the supported mkv format in the conf file. Then I even removed the mkv support line. No luck.
ravenfaust

Post by ravenfaust »

can someone tell me how to stream to the xbox one? I have used UMS for the ps3/360 but cant figure out where to go to watch my videos on the xbox one
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Chonka, the Xbox doesn't support DTS over DLNA right now. Uncheck "Keep DTS" and let UMS transcode it.

Raven, download the Media Player Preview app.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

For those having issues with DTS support, you can either uncheck "Keep DTS" like Whogie said, or you can add this line to XboxOne.conf:

WrapDTSIntoPCM = false

That line will be in the next version too, which will instruct UMS to transcode DTS to AC-3 instead of trying to pass it along to the Xbox One, which doesn't support DTS.
chonka

Post by chonka »

SubJunk wrote:For those having issues with DTS support, you can either uncheck "Keep DTS" like Whogie said, or you can add this line to XboxOne.conf:

WrapDTSIntoPCM = false

That line will be in the next version too, which will instruct UMS to transcode DTS to AC-3 instead of trying to pass it along to the Xbox One, which doesn't support DTS.
I added the line to my .conf file and that worked, thanks! Is it pass-through DTS though, or is it doing something else? My AV Receive can handle DTS, and I'd like it do the decoding.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

chonka wrote:
SubJunk wrote:For those having issues with DTS support, you can either uncheck "Keep DTS" like Whogie said, or you can add this line to XboxOne.conf:

WrapDTSIntoPCM = false

I added the line to my .conf file and that worked, thanks! Is it pass-through DTS though, or is it doing something else? My AV Receive can handle DTS, and I'd like it do the decoding.
It will be transcoding the DTS to AC-3 at 640Kbps. It seems like Xbox One doesn't support DTS in any way, so until they add that, this will have to do.

For what it's worth, I have a high end audio setup and am pretty picky when it comes to audio quality but I have been fooled into thinking that AC-3 at 640Kbps was DTS - one time I was watching a movie thinking "wow I'm so glad I have DTS enabled since this sounds amazing!" then I later found out it was AC-3 ;)
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Hi, I'm still having trouble with the videos I posted about at the top of this page in 5.0.0-a1. They do play now, but they're still transcoding when they're not suppose to. New log attached (should I still be using "TRACE"?)
About the vids:

Also, I notice this was added to the XboxOne profile:

Code: Select all

ThumbnailSize = 128x128
ThumbnailBackground = darkGray
Which results in this:
It's hard to see, but there's visible image compression too.

May I suggest instead:

ThumbnailSize = 256x256
ThumbnailBackground = black
256px still seems to perform okay, and black blends with the background better.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(68.97 KiB) Downloaded 796 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Whogie wrote:Hi, I'm still having trouble with the videos I posted about at the top of this page in 5.0.0-a1. They do play now, but they're still transcoding when they're not suppose to.
In the next version of the program we won't be sending those folder icons at all, that was kindof a feature that got introduced by accident but we removed it :)
That video isn't being transcoded it's being muxed (lossless).
Ideally it would just be streamed but because it has subtitles in the file, even though they're not being used in this case, UMS muxes it. It's possible that in the future we will make it stream in that scenario instead, but for now there isn't any quality loss so it's not urgent
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

whogie - yes I added that icon stuff sine the Xb1 couldn't display icons properly. It didn't scale them down and it was ugly so for that reason the

ThumbnailSize = 128x128
ThumbnailBackground = darkGray
was added. I had a icon (Grooveshark) which had black text on transparent bottom which didn't show at all (since the bottom color on xbox is black) so that's why there is a gray background.
I tried 256x256 (i'll try again) but I think there were a lot of my icons that were too big
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.