Version 4.3.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 4.3.1 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release fixes a startup crash and adds/improves support for several renderers!

Changes since 4.3.0:
  • General:
    • Windows installer removes deprecated renderer files
    • Fixed a startup crash
  • Renderers:
    • Added support for Hisense K680 TVs
    • Added support for Samsung F5505 TVs
    • Improved support for LG LS5700 TVs (thanks, AngelShine!)
    • Improved support for Panasonic S60 Series TVs
    • Improved support for Samsung WiseLink devices
    • Improved support for Sony Bravia HX75 Series TVs

Upgrade Notes:

For versions below 4.2.1:
In 4.2.1 we renamed many of the renderer configuration files, so we recommend clearing the "renderers" folder before updating.
Rocket

Re: Version 4.3.1 is released

Post by Rocket »

The renderer config for the xbox360 in 4.3.1 and 4.3.0 removes the no encoding option from the transcode folder. Overwriting the 4.3.1 config with the 4.2.2 config solves this.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks, Rocket. Does this one fix it too?
Attachments
Microsoft-Xbox360.conf
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 897 times
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

SubJunk wrote:Thanks, Rocket. Does this one fix it too?
Just tested it, Yes that attached conf fixes it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks, it'll be fixed in the next version :)
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Bravia EX profile still broken when using Mencoder on some files, command line needs altering back to version 4.20 and prior, it should be...

Code: Select all

CustomMencoderOptions = -vf softskip,expand=::::1:16/9:2,scale=1283:720 -lavcopts aspect=16/9
the "-lavcopts aspect=16/9" bit is needed for certain x264 files written with lav library, normally packed as .MKV files. NO idea why it was removed it 4.30 and also 4.31. Suspect it dates back to the 4.21 and 4.22 tinkering which was a mess up.

No idea why the Xbox 360 conf (as mentioned above) was altered either, that system has NEVER supported h.264 in an AVI container or as MOV so why that was added under supported formats is a mystery also. Some user suggestions (i assume thats what it was) really do need more checking before things get implemented in new releases.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Paradox wrote:Bravia EX profile still broken when using Mencoder on some files, command line needs altering back to version 4.20 and prior, it should be...

CustomMencoderOptions = -vf softskip,expand=::::1:16/9:2,scale=1283:720 -lavcopts aspect=16/9
the "-lavcopts aspect=16/9" bit is needed for certain x264 files written with lav library, normally packed as .MKV files. NO idea why it was removed it 4.30 and also 4.31. Suspect it dates back to the 4.21 and 4.22 tinkering which was a mess up.
Did you check the logs to see if it's added despite being removed from the renderer config?
Paradox wrote:No idea why the Xbox 360 conf (as mentioned above) was altered either, that system has NEVER supported h.264 in an AVI container or as MOV so why that was added under supported formats is a mystery also. Some user suggestions (i assume thats what it was) really do need more checking before things get implemented in new releases.
AFAIK it actually does work and may be reimplemented after more testing.
ainu3000

Post by ainu3000 »

Hi, the latest versions do not work with Sony Bravia 50w828B, the last version he read almost everything is the 4.1.3.

Sorry for my English, i'm spanish. Bye
fastriv

Post by fastriv »

Paradox wrote:Bravia EX profile still broken when using Mencoder on some files, command line needs altering back to version 4.20 and prior, it should be...

No idea why the Xbox 360 conf (as mentioned above) was altered either, that system has NEVER supported h.264 in an AVI container or as MOV so why that was added under supported formats is a mystery also. Some user suggestions (i assume thats what it was) really do need more checking before things get implemented in new releases.
Hi,
I has got a Sony EX520. The aspect ratio come out wrong: two large black areas above and below with .mkv
There is one thing I don't understand.....
I deactivated the "hide code engine" so I can watch on TV which is the encoder used. As default FFMpeg.
I set first priority mEncoder, in "Trascode setting", I restarted all (TV and UMS), but again the encoder showed was FFMpeg.
Then is it no possible to test or use mEncoder?

Meanwhile, could you give me last UMS version and Sony braviaEX .conf file that has solved the aspect ratio?
Unfortunately I didn't keep the old versions.... that solved this problem.
Thank you.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

SubJunk wrote:

Did you check the logs to see if it's added despite being removed from the renderer config?
Paradox wrote:No idea why the Xbox 360 conf (as mentioned above) was altered either, that system has NEVER supported h.264 in an AVI container or as MOV so why that was added under supported formats is a mystery also. Some user suggestions (i assume thats what it was) really do need more checking before things get implemented in new releases.
AFAIK it actually does work and may be reimplemented after more testing.
No i did not need to check the log files, attempting to play a certain files such as this detailed .MKV file it results in the Aspect Ratio being squashed...

.MKV file detail...
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 232 MiB
Duration : 41mn 30s
Overall bit rate : 781 Kbps
Movie name : Billy Bobs Gags to Riches S01E05
Writing application : Lavf56.15.101
Writing library : Lavf56.15.101
DESCRIPTION : Encoded By RMTeam

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width : 854 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Writing library : x264 core 142 r62 24e4fed
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=8 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=25.5 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=10000 / vbv_bufsize=10000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : A_AAC
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Writing library : Lavc56.13.100 aac
Default : Yes
Forced : No
THE REASON WHY THE ABOVE STILL SQUASHES AR is the following lines...
Writing application : Lavf56.15.101
Writing library : Lavf56.15.101

That is why without -lavcopts aspect=16/9 the Aspect Ratio is wrong. Adding it back it works and the correct Aspect Ratio is then displayed.

As to the 360......

H.264 in an AVI container on a 360 does NOT work, MPEG-4/isom codec will work in an MP4 format and SOME VERSIONS in AVI. H.264 and MPEG-4 are not the same thing. Despite regular things i read and people thinking they are.

There are various revisions of MPEG-4 codec which confuses matters even more such as Microsofts older MS MPEG-4 V3 (based on an old version 3 of Divx) which WILL work in an AVI container. Just a file is identified as a MPEG4 or H264 does not mean it is or a blanket default profile can be applied, the writing libary plays a part as does the revision of the codec.

This is what a 360 supports...
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG66475018.pdf

Half the conf files for various devices i would guess are incomplete or wrong in places, or do not have the correct functionality set for codec/format support.

If you really want to find out what ANY device supports the best way to do that is the following..... I HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS IS WHAT YOU SUGGEST ANY USER SUBMITS IN FUTURE FOR NEW DEVICES

Ask a user submitting info about a device and its formats to do this......
1. Install Intel UPnP tools from here... http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp
2. Instruct them to run the "Device Spy" tool that installs from that package
3. From that tool it will list all UPnP devices connected. Instruct the user to select the device they wish to submit info about formats about (eg TV, console, etc)
4. They should then expand the device's tree and find the bit called "service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager:1"
5. They should then Expand that tree and double click on GetProtocolInfo(...).
6. The user should then Click on "Invoke" and send you (or attach a file on the forum) the result in field Sink.
That will tell you all the DLNA Protocols (PNs) a device supports. It will even give Client Header info... From there the UMS team should be able to very easily write conf files for any device. Anyone with half an idea in fact should be able to knock up a basic conf file for any device they have not currently included/supported.

This may also help for identifying all the changes Ms are making to the ID header on things like the Xbox-One and help identify trickier devices (such as mirracast dongles, google chrome, android devices, amazon fire things etc)

EDIT:
It appears whoever did the "Philips-PFL.conf" knew what they were doing and basically followed the above, that conf file is how things should be done for each device, though obviously all the '#' explanations could be removed in other conf files, i personally like that all the explanation is there.
Last edited by Paradox on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.