Version 4.4.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 4.4.0 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release adds and improves support for renderers and file formats, fixes many bugs, improves speed and more!

Changes since 4.3.1:
  • General:
    • Improved compatibility of H.264 transcoded videos
    • Fixed error on Linux when VLC is not installed
    • Fixed recognition of BMP, Theora and Vorbis (thanks, ler0y!)
    • Added support for several more formats and codecs in renderer configs (thanks, ler0y!)
    • Added "SendFolderThumbnails" renderer option
    • Fixed some cases of unnecessary video transcoding
    • Fixed AviSynth output compatibility on some renderers
    • Improved speed of True Motion processing
    • Updated setting descriptions
    • Cleaned up logging
    • Fixed MP3 transcoding support
    • Improved library creation speed and prevented unnecessary transcoding for non-video files
  • Renderers:
    • Added support for Samsung ES8005 TVs (thanks, wazer!)
    • Added support for Samsung BD-C6800 Blu-ray Disc Players
    • Added support for Sony Xperia Z3
    • Added support for Yamaha R-N500
    • Improved support for Hama IR320
    • Improved support for Panasonic AS600E TVs (thanks, Etmoc!)
    • Improved support for Panasonic VT60 TVs
    • Improved support for Samsung H6400 series TVs
    • Improved support for Sony Blu-ray Disc players from 2013
    • Improved support for Sony Bravia NX70x series TVs
    • Improved support for Sony Bravia W series TVs
    • Improved support for Xbox 360
    • Fixed audio transcoding on Sony Bravia EX series TVs
    • Fixed timeouts on Philips TVs
    • Fixed support for images on Panasonic TVs
    • Updated DefaultRenderer.conf
  • Languages:
    • Updated Spanish translation (thanks, AlfredoRamos!)
  • External Components:
    • Updated FFmpeg for Windows and OS X, which:
      • Improves support for many containers and codecs
      • Fixes bugs
    • Updated MPlayer/MEncoder for Windows to SB62, which:
      • Fixes support for Opus
      • Fixes support for DVDs
      • Fixes color and italic support for MicroDVD subtitles
      • Improves MPEG-2 output
      • Fixes x264 hardware acceleration
      • Improves support for many containers and codecs
      • Fixes VBR and VFR support in H.264 output
      • Fixes bugs
    • Updated Netty to 3.9.6, which fixed bugs

Upgrade Notes:

For Linux and OS X versions below 4.2.1:
In 4.2.1 we renamed many of the renderer configuration files, so we recommend clearing the "renderers" folder before updating.
Wolfgan

Re: Version 4.4.0 is released

Post by Wolfgan »

Thanks for the release!
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
pipin

Post by pipin »

Thanks. Working fine so far.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Thanks for the new release!

Quick observation (I don't have time to generate logs right now):
On a PS3, I have, say, a main folder with video subfolders. There are no videos in the main folder, jus tin the subfolders. 4.4.0 will list a Transcode folder in the main folder when the prior versions did not. When I look in there, there are mp3's listed (which do exist in the main folder), when I'm in the video section of the PS3 menu.
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

problem is with mencoder update
the new version doesnt do iso sound on the panasonic
copy 4.31 over to 4.4 and it work
sma76928

Post by sma76928 »

Hi thanks for the new release but this version still doesn't support LG webos TV's
:(
ainu3000

Post by ainu3000 »

Hello, mkv format does not work in the series sony bravia w (w828b), the last version that worked was the 4.1.3, any solution to the settings ?. Thank You
Cobra Commander

Post by Cobra Commander »

Hello to all! Thanks for the developers and to the communitys hard work with this program! I like it very much because I can only watch several files only with this program on my LG 47LM660s.
I was very happy to see that my tv got his unique renderer profile. But please check the LM660 profile because from the beginning it's not working with the tv at all.
Every video / audio file turns out as invalid. with or without transcoding enabled. :( UMS auto recognises the tv as LA6200 and then the functions starting to work, but the UMS options for LA6200 need tweaking too with this profile.
DTS stream is transcoded to Dolby digital 5.1. Flac transcoding is not working with flac files that containing covers, only working with "empty" flac.
The tv is direct supporting m4a -but not M4a with ALAC these can't even be transcoded.Mkv file playback is also supported by default, but they getting transcoded no mather what I set in UMS.
I hope could point out things and could give some feedback to you.
Thanks again for this really nice program.
gatty

Post by gatty »

Hi there,
Thanks for the long waiting version. However, Vietnamese subtitle issue happened again. here's the trace log.
if I use "defer to MEncoder when transcoding subtitle", all movies with external subtitles show Vietnamese subtitles with some square boxes.
if I uncheck the option to use FFmpeg to transcode subtitle, only the movies have been re-encoded (MP4,AVI with external subtitles) display Vietnamese subtitles incorrectly in Chinese characters (Homeland.S01E02.720p.5.1Ch.BluRay.ReEnc-DeeJayAhmed.mkv, Arrow.S01E02.Honor Thy Father.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-TB.mkv), but the rest of the movie files without re-encode play very well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6o1jmzpxbtsd ... g.zip?dl=0

Thanks
gatty
Dolus

Post by Dolus »

ainu3000 wrote:Hello, mkv format does not work in the series sony bravia w (w828b), the last version that worked was the 4.1.3, any solution to the settings ?. Thank You
Are you sure it is MKV files that are not working and not MKV files with DTS audio. I have a Sony Bravia TV and MKV files with AC3(Dolby) work fine but MKV's with DTS have no sound and a jumbled picture.

I usually use the PS3 which works fine for both MKV's with DTS and Dolby, but it appears that the PS3 now outputs Dolby as Multichannel, no matter which settings are ticked. Though not a problem in itself, it means that Cinavia now rears its ugly head on some files. Using the TV as the renderer solves this and AC3 is passed through to the receiver and Dolby lights up,so it is not UMS at fault, but an addition/bug added to the PS3 firmware.

Doh I should have tried V4.4 before posting. MKV with DTS files play just dandy through the Bravia now, the downside is that the DTS audio is converted to stereo so will be using the PS3 to get the full 6 channel sound.