Xbox One no longer locating UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
25233Guyver

Re: Xbox One no longer locating UMS

Post by 25233Guyver »

ums_dbg.zip
Made with UMS-764ce59.exe
(21.85 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

25233Guyver wrote:Made with UMS-764ce59.exe
Thx for your patience, could you please also try HTTP Engine V1 :).
25233Guyver

Post by 25233Guyver »

Sorry for the wait.
ums_dbg.zip
Made with HTTP Engine V2 unchecked
(23.17 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Thx, sorry for the slo-mo long-distance debugging tedium, but could you now try this build (with and without http_engine_v2): UMS-1bbfc78.exe.
25233Guyver

Post by 25233Guyver »

No problem, at least stuff it getting done.
ums_dbg.zip
UMS-1bbfc78.exe without HTTP v2
(22.23 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
ums_dbg.zip
UMS-1bbfc78.exe. with HTTP v2
(21.78 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
jimwhat

Post by jimwhat »

Hi,

I just wanted to post that I am not having any problems with UMS 5.0.1 (Java 8) and my Xbox One. Here's the debug, hopefully it might help.
Attachments
ums_dbg(Jimwhat-XboxOne-Java8).zip
Windows 8.1
(21.69 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

jimwhat wrote: just wanted to post that I am not having any problems with UMS 5.0.1 (Java 8) and my Xbox One. Here's the debug, hopefully it might help.
Great :)! Woud it be possible for you to also send logs using the debug version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-764ce59.exe?
jimwhat

Post by jimwhat »

infidel wrote:
jimwhat wrote: just wanted to post that I am not having any problems with UMS 5.0.1 (Java 8) and my Xbox One. Here's the debug, hopefully it might help.
Great :)! Woud it be possible for you to also send logs using the debug version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-764ce59.exe?
It took some time, but I got it to somewhat work. I had to disable the HTTP Engine V2 though, and even then it's spotty.

Sometimes, it doesn't find the renderers, other times it doesn't show to content of the folders, and it sometimes tells me that the port is closed (its definitely open though).

Reverting back to normal 5.0.1 fixed all of these problems. Hope this helps :)
Attachments
ums_dbg(Jimwhat-Debug5.0.2).zip
(45.51 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

jimwhat wrote:It took some time, but I got it to somewhat work... Sometimes, it doesn't find the renderers, other times it doesn't show to content of the folders,
Thx jimwhat :). Apologies if this is a silly question, but is it possible there was another instance of ums running? The debug version isn't that different from 5.0.1, it just logs a lot more info.
jimwhat

Post by jimwhat »

infidel wrote:
jimwhat wrote:It took some time, but I got it to somewhat work... Sometimes, it doesn't find the renderers, other times it doesn't show to content of the folders,
Thx jimwhat :). Apologies if this is a silly question, but is it possible there was another instance of ums running? The debug version isn't that different from 5.0.1, it just logs a lot more info.
I thought the same thing.

I said that the debug version was spotty, and by that I mean that the only time it would work was after rebooting my computer. Running UMS for the first time after a reboot worked fine, but if I quit the program, and then re-launch it later, it wouldn't work. Checking the task manager showed that there was no UMS running, but there was and instance of Java running that I could not close (end process). The only way I could get rid of it was to reboot the computer.

So, this might have been the other instance you were talking about. Oddly enough, my current 5.0.1 doesn't do that for some reason. When I quit it, nothing remains in the Task Manager.

Example:

1. Run then Quit
2. Run then Quit
3. Run then Quit
4. Run then Quit

After this, Task Manager shows no UMS or Java running. When I tried the same thing in 5.02 it looked like this:

1. Run and Quit
2. Run and Quit
3. Run and Quit
4. Run and Quit

The Task Manager would show 4 instances of Java still running (and for some reason I can't force close them). This was most likely the cause of the problems, but I didn't know how to fix it, so I just reverted back to the normal UMS. Let me know if you have any other questions :)