[Solved] UMS is "renaming" the files on the TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
orsoom

Re: UMS is "renaming" the files on the TV

Post by orsoom »

hi, i have tried the last version too, nothing has changed.
i installed it in normal and in clean way but the file's name always change.
Matt

Post by Matt »

The original poster Maverick261 was also using a Bravia TV. Can one of you post an example of what the show name lists as on your Bravia or a screenshot of your TV while browsing. He said his were showing up as: "the name of the encoder, the language and the subtitle (e.g.: [MEncoder] (Audio: English) (Subtitle: English) instead the real filename on the PC."
  • maverick261 - (Bravia KDLHX755 or 32W705B)
    jsp92 - bravia ex 500 since v5. reset the media library and now the filesnames on my TV are good.
    orsom - win 7 64 , sony bravia kdl 40nx700, the problem is started with the version 5.0
Also turn on you trace level debugging, reproduce the problem, and post the resulting zip file of the logs.

You'll probably need to open another ticket for it in github.com to get it resolved. (It's probably a similar, yet different bug). I already have an ID on github if you need help, but the logs must be created, compressed, and posted here first.

Matt
Raident

Post by Raident »

I'll give this a try as I've also been experiencing this problem with my Bravia KDL50W790B since upgrading to UMS 5.x.

In my case, the filename shows up as "[FFmpeg] {Audio: AAC/Japanese ()} {Sub: SSA/English ()} | MPEG" (without the quotes). I've also attached my logs.

I have no clue about submitting tickets on github.com though, so I can't help there...
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(514.56 KiB) Downloaded 553 times
Matt

Post by Matt »

Raident wrote:I'll give this a try as I've also been experiencing this problem with my Bravia KDL50W790B since upgrading to UMS 5.x.

In my case, the filename shows up as "[FFmpeg] {Audio: AAC/Japanese ()} {Sub: SSA/English ()} | MPEG" (without the quotes). I've also attached my logs.

I have no clue about submitting tickets on github.com though, so I can't help there...
Excellent. I opened a new ticket:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... issues/499
Thanks
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Raident, can you please try replacing the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers\Sony-BraviaW.conf" with the attached one and let us know if it makes a difference?
Attachments
Sony-BraviaW.conf
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

maverick261 wrote:Hello,

i have a little problem with the UMS.
The video files on my pc are named by the name of the tv show, e.g.: filename.mkv.
But on the TV (Bravia KDLHX755 or 32W705B) is the name of the encoder, the language and the subtitle (e.g.: [MEncoder] (Audio: English) (Subtitle: English) instead the real filename on the PC.
But i want to see the real filename on the TV and not the name of the encoder and the rest.

How I can solve this problem? Any ideas?
I didn't have this problem with the PMS.

To me it sounds as though you are browsing the "transcode" folder, which gives you the options of what transcoder to use to render the video.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Also can you try 5.0.0-b1 and 5.0.0-b2 to see when this started happening?
Raident

Post by Raident »

[Edit] Spoke too soon. Replacing the Sony-BraviaW.conf file makes the file names display properly, but now nothing can be played. When I try to play a file, I just get a black screen forever.

I then installed 5.0.0-b1 (checking the Clean Install checkbox), but my TV is not able to connect to this version of UMS at all. UMS sees and properly recognizes my TV in the Detected media renderers, but when I try to browse UMS from the TV, the folder listing tries to load for a (long) while but eventually times out, so I was unable to proceed with this test.

FInally, I couldn't a link to the installer for 5.0.0-b2 anywhere on this site, so I couldn't test that either :(
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Woops, I meant to write 5.0.0-b1 and 5.0.0-a1, sorry
Raident

Post by Raident »

5.0.0-a1 was most interesting - most of the files had the filename problem, but a few files did not have any problems and displayed/played just as they did in 4.x.