Sony Bravia EX devices broken again

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Sony Bravia EX devices broken again

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Paradox, you said in a release thread that you're still having issues with the Bravia. Is it the same issue as the one that was fixed in this thread? So it was un-fixed?
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Hi Valib,

The link for snapshot is broken : HTTP ERROR 404
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

SubJunk wrote:Hi Paradox, you said in a release thread that you're still having issues with the Bravia. Is it the same issue as the one that was fixed in this thread? So it was un-fixed?
Have responded to that post now about version 5.2.2 sorry for the delay. I think the issue is now solved in version 5.2.2 :)
mrcrowley

Post by mrcrowley »

I have a Sony KDL-32EX720 that is recognized well, but the video file are played with strange aspect ratio, like letterbox. This is with different resolutions video.
Only if I choose to display NOT TRANSCODED video, it play correctly. Perhaps I set to not transcode mp4 and avi file in the configuration tab. But it seems to do it anyway.
I got also a PS3, that display the same videos correctly, so I think it's just a problem of renderers setting.

Anyone can help me please ??
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

mrcrowley, can you try replacing your Sony-BraviaEX.conf file with the attached one?
Sony-BraviaEX.conf
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
mrcrowley

Post by mrcrowley »

It works well now.

Thank You very much !!!
isaacTV

Post by isaacTV »

I can confirm, I switched back to 4.4 for my Sony Bravia as 5.2 wouldn't play properly.

I haven't tried the latest version yet though as 4.4 works fine.
regmar

Post by regmar »

I cannot get the latest UMS versions (6.6.0, 5.5.0, ...) to work with a Sony KDL NX 2010 serie. Videos that work perfectly with version 5.1.0 do not work anymore from 5.2.0 and up. According to this thread, this is rather an old issue. Any pointers to solve the problem would be very much appreciated. I used the stock Sony-BraviaEX config.
mrcrowley

Post by mrcrowley »

Can anyone tell me why suddenly I get this message:
INFO Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers:User-Agent: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA KDL-32EX720";, X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA KDL-32EX720"; mv="1.7";

Anyway the streams seems ok, only this message repeated over and over.