Version 2.1.1 temporarily

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SharkHunter
Developer

Version 2.1.1 temporarily

Post by SharkHunter »

It seems to be a problem (for windows users most likely) to get 2.1.0 to start. This has to do with administration rights on some files etc.
To solve this a new 2.1.1 can be found here http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-sh ... e&can=2&q= and used as a temporary 2.1.1 until SubJunk gets back after weekend and a proper 2.1.1 can be shipped.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
gottoast

Re: Version 2.1.1 temporarily

Post by gottoast »

Was on vacation, came back to find a lot has gone on!

Having a similar issue with 2.1.1 that I did with 2.0.0, uninstalled 2.0 and removed all old files to do a clean install...

Didn't try 2.1.0 after reading, install goes fine, launches, then try to install the channels and other plugins, that seems to go OK. Then go to use channels and no channels show up available on the PS3 in the channels folder, just 5 folders consisting of playlist, search, cache...

Look at the install folder and it placed a channels folder at the UMS root level containing only an empty data folder and the channels.log. the extras folder only contains bin with curl, rtmpdump, and youtube-dl and pepy.zip. Everything else is missing, which is what happened previously with the 2.0 install. So I started over to try and capture it in the logs.

Seems I get the following when trying to install the channels plugin through the plugin management tab;

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2012-11-24 20:57:59.125 [Thread-13] An error occurred when trying to install the plugin: Channels
DEBUG 2012-11-24 20:57:59.125 [Thread-13] Full error: java.lang.NullPointerException
The practically empty extras folder was created but no channels installed. Zipped and attached logs.

**EDIT**
When I shut down then restart UMS it then created the channels and scripts folders in C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server not inside the extras folder where I believe they should be?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for this, SharkHunter :) About to release the full one now
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

It was my fault :)
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.