PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Wszebor

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by Wszebor »

Audioboxer wrote:Does anyone else's copy on Windows 10 crash due to Java hogging a ton of memory and then freezing?
Yup. I have that problem to.
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

Wszebor wrote:
Audioboxer wrote:Does anyone else's copy on Windows 10 crash due to Java hogging a ton of memory and then freezing?
some of us using windows 7 were having crashing problems too with the latest UMS ....assigning a static Ip address in UMS solved the problem for us ... hopefully it will help with Win 10 too.
Wszebor

Post by Wszebor »

Lasher wrote:
Wszebor wrote:
some of us using windows 7 were having crashing problems too with the latest UMS ....assigning a static Ip address in UMS solved the problem for us ... hopefully it will help with Win 10 too.
I have static ip address in UMS. Still same problem
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

badpenguin wrote:
Lasher wrote: ive gone back to 5.1.4 UMS and see if it settles down again
so PS4 with 5.1.4 UMS will have working fast forward and jump ?

it did when i was using it ...but now im on the latest version as i dont really need the FF/RW feature
damccull

Post by damccull »

Is seeking broken for PS4 still? Is there a workaround?
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

damccull wrote:Is seeking broken for PS4 still? Is there a workaround?
Not only seeking but there's also a big sound/video shift... we'd really a ps4 working version
Jbsnake

Post by Jbsnake »

AlGrenadine wrote:
Not only seeking but there's also a big sound/video shift... we'd really a ps4 working version
I agree. The ps4 version is more or less unusable compared to ps3. I'm using ps3 for all streamed media.
Lasher

Post by Lasher »

Jbsnake wrote:
AlGrenadine wrote:
I agree. The ps4 version is more or less unusable compared to ps3. I'm using ps3 for all streamed media.
if i stream the original file with UMS and dont transcode it then i have very few problems but actually using the transcode seems very hit and miss lately ... maybe sony have messed with the media player again with the recent updates .. although it doesnt mention it in the actual update but then again why would they ...
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

I have to put files I want to stream on my computer's desktop. If they're too deep inside folders (the path name being too long) then I'll get an "unreadable media" error. This is weird.
oxishmit

Post by oxishmit »

AuthenticM wrote:I have to put files I want to stream on my computer's desktop. If they're too deep inside folders (the path name being too long) then I'll get an "unreadable media" error. This is weird.
Long Path Tool can fix this problem try it.