Files won't stream after some time.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Supermanfan77

Files won't stream after some time.

Post by Supermanfan77 »

I asked for help with this before on these boards but got no help, so here I am making another thread in the hopes I'll get some help.

After playing a video, usually an hour long program UMS just quits working on PS3. It'll try loading another video, but will come back with a network server error. Restarting UMS helps, but I am again only able to play one file. I would really like to get this figured out as soon as possible.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(649.99 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Files won't stream after some time.

Post by SubJunk »

In those logs, FFmpeg is reporting that it completes transcoding of the whole video. At which point during playback did UMS disconnect?
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

SubJunk wrote:In those logs, FFmpeg is reporting that it completes transcoding of the whole video. At which point during playback did UMS disconnect?
That's what I was hoping the logs would show, must be right after it finishes the file I just watched because it won't play the next one. Funny thing is though, it will play a web video from Jumpy back to back with no hesitation.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

So I've come to find that any video with a DTS audio track won't play if UMS is left idle for a while. It'll play a video with AC3 with no problems no matter how long UMS has been running.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It seems like in the logs you played a video with AAC audio, so is the DTS issue different to this one?
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Hmmm. Perhaps it's both AAC and DTS I'm having trouble with. I'll post another log using another file that I know has DTS audio.
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Ok Sub, new logs for you to look at. At the begining of the log I played a few seconds of video from a few files that had DTS audio and they play just fine, then after waiting a little while tried playing another file with DTS and it wouldn't play, I went through all transcoding options in the "Transcode" folder on the PS30. After all that I then played a video with AC3 audio and it played just fine. I suspect this is either a windoows 10 issue or a PS3 issue, at the time this first started happening I had upgraded to Windows 10 and the PS3 had a system update at roughly the same time. I just hope there is a setting that needs to be changed somewhere or a line of code just needs to be written because having to restart UMS every time I want to play a DTS encoded video becomes a pain.

On a side note, I downgraded UMS to a version I know I used before I updated Windows and it still did this.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(428.66 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

bump.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you try this version and let us know what happens? http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... f0b12b.exe
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Hi SubJunk, same thing happens, DTS encoded videos won't play after UMS has been idle for a while. I can post logs again if you like.