Xbox 360 and seeking MKV files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
enstine86

Xbox 360 and seeking MKV files

Post by enstine86 »

Hello,

I searched the forum but didn't see anything specific to this. When using Universal media server to stream MKV files to my 360, I am unable to fast forward or rewind. Are there any suggestions on how to get rewind and fast forwarding working on the 360? Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Thank you,
tokabba

Re: Xbox 360 and seeking MKV files

Post by tokabba »

Same problem. Wired connection. Fast forward, rewind, and skip buttons all have no response (other than the osd at the top).

Edit: So this actually happens with any files whenever overscan compensation is working.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It is pretty normal for fastforward and rewind to not work, this is because of buffering speeds. Seeking should work though
enstine86

Post by enstine86 »

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what you mean by seeking? Is that when you start a video using the chapter feature in the transcode folder? Also, fast forwarding works when steaming videos in the mp4 format.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Not sure if Xbox 360 has seeking but on PS3 it's called "go-to", where it brings up a menu and you choose the time you want to skip to