Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
redprints

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by redprints »

When I tried the icefilms channel using WD TV Live, I can see the movie titles.
But, when going inside each movie, I can only see 'Add to favorite', and there are no links to play.
Does anyone know what happened?
Thank you.
tb82

Post by tb82 »

Hi,

I also get a similar problem. I admit I did not understand the installation process and may have "stuffed up" somewhere. In short, I installed the SharkHunter UMS Build 2.1.1, and am streaming to my PS3. I then used the plugin feature in UMS to add the channels plugin.

I see all the Channels in my PS3, but when I click on them, I received either "There are no titles" or "Add to Favorites".

The closest I get to playing something is in YouTube, but then I get a "Cannot play media" error 800288E1, which is a separate issue I think.

I have used the PS3 Media Server for ages, streaming movie files from my PC to my PS3 with great success, and love the program, so I was a bit excited I could do a bit more with these plugins, and would love it if I can get some help to sort it out.

I attach the debug files here as a zip,

Cheers,

PS - I have also tried using PMS as opposed to UMS but found I "get further" using UMS 2.1.1.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(119.69 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
sakthi

Post by sakthi »

Folks,

New user here. Have been using PS3 Media Server for a long time. Just found out about UMS and am excited about the new features and the built-on plugin module. Have been trying to get Channels working but couldn't get to play any content. I always get the "Content Cannot be Played" error.

I am running UMS on Mac OSX Mountain Lion streaming to PS3. Scoured thru the forum several times and tried everything - installed rtmpdump, PMSEncoder etc., See all the channels and the movies but cannot play. I see a bunch of Java errors in the Log.

Attached the Logs zip file.

Appreciate your help and looking forward to get this awesome feature working.

Regards,
Sakthi
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug zip file
(13.53 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

I think the main problem with channels right now is the channel files themselves. Most of them haven't been updated for quite awhile and I think that's why most of them aren't working now (due to website changes). SharkHunter can feel free to correct me since I'm not 100% on this. Hopefully he updates them in the near future. :)

EDIT: Has SharkHunter disappeared? I've noted he's not replying to messages in this forum. ;(
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I've been taking a real cool course which (combined with other stuff) taken up a lot of my time. I'll be back shortly with some insights...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SharkHunter wrote:I've been taking a real cool course which (combined with other stuff) taken up a lot of my time. I'll be back shortly with some insights...
Oh, what classes have you been taking? Am I correct on my assumption regarding the channel files and them needing to be updated?

Looking forward to having you back.

Thanks,
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
nijinski

Post by nijinski »

hi all,
i 've got a lgsmarttv LGLM620s without playstation and when I use pms-SHB43 I see all the channels specialy tne navix channel but I can't play all files (some work others don't work) and I can't see all the folders (only until the letter F (p42/42) so I try to use last version of Universal media player (I 've copied extra and plugins folders from PMS SHB) but now I can't see no channels at all :/
someone could help me please ?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

tb82 - you are using some outdated channels (svt for example should be updated to 0.61). This will be done shortly (or have a look here http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index.ph ... try3770075).

Other channels might work or might have changed pls take one and focus on that one with dbgs for that only. A note on TPB. That wont work if you don't have an account on Furk.

sakthi - can't open your zip file. Pls upload a new one.

kuroukage - It was security course. Real cool. Yes there are some CHannels that are outdated. But I had a walk through and most still works...

nijinski -pls upload the logs. There are no major differences between SHB43 and UMS. The only changes are related to encoders.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

SharkHunter wrote:kuroukage - It was security course. Real cool. Yes there are some CHannels that are outdated. But I had a walk through and most still works...
Which ones still work and which ones are problematic when you last tried? The only ones I can seem to get working properly are Youtube (but it has folder limitations while the Jumpy plugin does not), RTMPGUI, and I think NaviX worked last time I tried as well. Most of the other ones just load up empty folders with nothing in them (I'm not sure if that's due to region issues or if something is wrong with a setting I have somewhere). I'm using all of the latest channel files from your master branch on github and when I check on last updated for each of the files most haven't been updated in 4mo-2yr (more on the longer side). That's why I had my suspicion as to why so many people are having problems with the Channels plugin (because most of the channel files don't get regularly updated and are affected by site changes). Any help/advice you could get would be appreciated.

Thanks,
黒影
nijinski

Post by nijinski »

SharkHunter wrote:
nijinski -pls upload the logs. There are no major differences between SHB43 and UMS. The only changes are related to encoders.
thank you , here is my log
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(15.88 KiB) Downloaded 506 times