Cant stream at all over wifi

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Cid6.7

Cant stream at all over wifi

Post by Cid6.7 »

Hey so I have a ps3 and xbox 360 (but for now all I have is ps3 log will add xbox later) and there is no way I can stream anything to ps3 over wifi.
They are sitting maybe 5 feet apart with 1 ordinary wall between them. I've just been dealing with it for idk how long since I discovered UMS years ago and figured I'm rewokin my network I may as well get everything to actually work instead of just 1/2 "assin" it hehe.

Please let me know if you'd like the xbox log right away as well, Oh how long do you let the log run for ?

Thank You
Peace
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
PS3 Log
(85.26 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Nadahar

Re: Cant stream at all over wifi

Post by Nadahar »

You have to reproduce the issue while you're capturing the log, so there's no particular "duration" that's needed. Simply catch what ever doesn't work.
Cid6.7

Post by Cid6.7 »

Gotcha ok this is just me trying to play/pause/FF at 1st without transcoding then again with. Sorry I should have mentioned that we use these 99% of the time wired but even then we cant ff or rewind. I've wired the PS3 now and can grab another log if needed..
Thank you Nadahar
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Ps3 Log
(261.96 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hey Cid6.7,

I didn't see anything wrong into your log, so you should try to disable Avast and any others anti-virus/spywares/malwares/firewall and have a new test, in case some of them are interfering.

If that doesn't help, try to go in the "General Configuration" tab and deselect "HTTP Engine V2" and restart before a new test.

EDIT: And if it still doesn't help, try with an other media server and see if that work, as i suspect an issue on your network or with your network interface. It need to be IPv4 only, just in case.
Cid6.7

Post by Cid6.7 »

Ok I'll try to run another test now
I removed Avast I have 0 antivirus except Malwarebytes which I'll shut off. PS3 & Xbox are again wired straight to modem/router it has also been reset to default settings except for wifi name and password
Even while their both wired we've never been able to watch a video without having the transcode enabled & run it from the trnascode folder.. Also if I have just the 2 media centers and 1 smart tv (vizio) do I need all the other renderers selected or just the 3 I actually have ? sometimes I open the trnascode folder and theres 80+ of the same file lol have never been able to fast forward at all either..
Thank You
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

If the media played only while transcoded perhaps it only mean that they need to be, like in your log with embedded PGS subtitles, as they should be.

You can only select the PS3 renderer and restart for a new test.

If you have 2 video streams, 4 audio streams, and 16 subtitles stream and 4 video engines enabled, just think how many lines it give with all these combinations...
So 80 lines in the #-TRANSCODE-#folder should probably come from a DVD rip. If you disable the video engines that you don't use, for example MEncoder, tsMuxeR, AviSynth or VLC, that will reduce the entries into that folder.

Did you tried with others media servers ?