Version 7.2.1 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 7.2.1 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release fixes the 7.2.0 database upgrade failure some users experienced, and updates translations.

Changes since 7.2.0:
  • General:
    • Fixed a database upgrade bug
  • Languages:
    • Updated Bulgarian translation via Crowdin

Compatibility notes:

These releases work on all versions of Java 7 onwards.
The Windows releases work on Windows Vista onwards.
erick diangilis

Re: Version 7.2.1 released

Post by erick diangilis »

hello subjunk thanks for the update i'll try out later if i find something wrong i'll report.
erick diangilis

i tested out this new version but in my opinion its working worse than 7.2.0 i had a lots of failing attempts to update the library to create the cache for the first time opening the content inside the archives the memory usage is very unstable and enabling gpu acceleration my laptop went nuts i could hear the cooler working hard even without rolling any content and i had stuter on some vídeos as well. its feels like a snapshot version so for safety measures i installed back 7.2.0 its working much better than the 7.2.1.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

In 7.2.0 we did a database bump and that means that your shared folders would take longer to scan than normal on startup so that might explain your problems. It only happens once per new database version though.
albertatoltec

Post by albertatoltec »

I have noticed that for versions 7.2.0 and 7.2.1 that the icon associated with the file no longer appears when listing the files. The icons were present in version 7.1.0.
erick diangilis

i see thank you for the explanation and sorry if was kind of harsh on my opinion about this new version. but i went back and forth through versions to compare and i got the conclusion that 7.2.0 is working better at least on my setting here. feels more stable and i took much less tries on the first time to syncronize the files inside the folders the memory usage is more conservative compared to 7.2.1 that goes way of the chart to the red zone from the bar and the overheating using gpu acceleration on makes me really concerning so after a lots of testing for days i went back to the previous one. i know i already mention this observations before but i like this software very much i've been using since the ps3 media server era i'ts a great software. i just hope the new version could work nice just as 7.2.0.

thanks again for the atention and keep up with the good work.
FlyingTurtle

Post by FlyingTurtle »

I'm unable to install the 7.2.1 DMG on OXS; when I try it says "no mountable file systems". Skimming through the forums it seems this has happened before, with 6.6.0, maybe with the same root cause?

I tried the version from fosshub on the front page and I also tried installing it using homebrew (which uses the sourceforge dmg) and neither are working.

(Incidentally I just now noticed that 7.3.0 is released a few hours ago on github, but that DMG gives me the same error)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi FlyingTurtle, I've tested this on two different Apple computers now and it worked both times. Can you help by seeing if there is an older version of UMS that will install, or is it just any version that won't install?
FlyingTurtle

Post by FlyingTurtle »

Can you help by seeing if there is an older version of UMS that will install, or is it just any version that won't install?
Yes, 7.0.1 installed. Previously I had a 6.something version installed too.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Which version of macOS do you have?