Latest updates

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Latest updates

Post by SubJunk »

Got a few announcements here so I'll do them all in one post to avoid spamming :)

Update 1:
UMS is now available from 2 more mirrors; SourceForge and VideoHelp.
The SourceForge page is being maintained by our forum moderator Optimus_Prime, thanks Optimus!
I'm not sure how we got on VideoHelp but I've been using that website for years so it's a real honour to make it onto there.

Update 2:
The website is now running through Google PageSpeed which means it should be loading much faster for everyone around the world, especially those who are far away from my server since you are now loading the website from a Google server close to you. Thanks, Google!

Update 3:
I updated the About page so it lists all of the devices we support. We have at least 2 more devices on the way (Sony Home Cinema and VideoWeb TV) but for now the About page is accurate. The list almost doubled!

Update 4:
The last update is just a general note of thanks to everyone who uses this program. When it launched I wasn't sure if it would find success or just fall flat, but we are gaining popularity now and it's all thanks to you guys for spreading the word. We couldn't do it without you, thanks!
We have lots of cool new features on the way for you guys including on-the-fly subtitle streaming, useful folders like "Watched Videos" and "Unwatched Videos", and virtual file renaming to make downloaded files more readable. We are looking at what other media servers offer and implementing those features in UMS.
bevster

Re: Latest updates

Post by bevster »

That all sounds awesome, my favorite part of your post is,

useful folders like "Watched Videos" and "Unwatched Videos",

I have been dreaming of this lately and now you say it :)
thanks!
smirk

Post by smirk »

You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for developing this great piece of software! :)
pipin

Post by pipin »

That sounds very nice. Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
Uzerrr

Post by Uzerrr »

Amazing news!
Thank you for your hard work.
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

Kraken salutes You all :mrgreen:
Let the Force be with You!
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

on-the-fly subtitle streaming
What's this? Does it avoid transcoding? Sounds interesting!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:
on-the-fly subtitle streaming
What's this? Does it avoid transcoding? Sounds interesting!
UMS looks up and downloads subtitles automatically, you just choose which subtitle you want in the new "Live Subtitles" folder. It's still transcoded on most renderers.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

The "Live Subtitles" stuff has been with Channels for a while. If you can't wait you can test it there.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
dixm

Post by dixm »

an airplay module would be amazing - realtime transcoding to apple tv / et al is available via airvideo - but then I have 2 servers running :( neither of which work to my apple tv.
Oh and a gui to edit configs - wouldn't that be cool!
or even a user submission library to download extra configs - so if a device is picked up the app could dial home to see if there was a conf for it and offer to download and use it?
Logitech review for instance :)