impossible access

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jps92

impossible access

Post by jps92 »

(this is a translation)

Hello,

I have a sony bravia ex500, when i want to play most of the mkv files like black sea, Captain America- Civil War, Casse Tête Chinois for example, TV is displaying "unable to temporarily access the server. Please try again" something like that, it's not possible to watch a movie.
Attachments
debug.zip
(159.48 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Paradox

Re: impossible access

Post by Paradox »

I dunno who is responsible for the .conf files since version 6.72 but the have buggered them for the Sony EX series since version 6.72. The renderer is totally wrong now. You can either download version 6.72 or earlier or try adding this to the
"Sony-BraviaEX.conf" file

Code: Select all

TranscodeExtensions = dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
That should get your TV back to listing the Avi files and a whole lot more you probably never realised it had stopped listing.

Ive no idea why they removed it as its required to get anything other than MP2 and SOME MKV files to play back. I used to visit here quite regularly and even helped get FFMPEG working better than it did on Sony Bravias. I do not bother upgrading any more, more issues seem to come along release to release than problems are solved.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Thank you for this remark. I'll try it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That update will be in the next release. Please let us know if it works for you jps92
jps92

Post by jps92 »

hello,

It does not change anything.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Try version 6.7.2 or earlier
jps92

Post by jps92 »

I'm in v7.6.2. But why should I use v6.7.2 ?
If i choose #-- transcode --# it works !
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

jps92 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:23 pm I'm in v7.6.2. But why should I use v6.7.2 ?
If i choose #-- transcode --# it works !
Because it recent versions of UMS SonyEX devices will by default only playback MPEG2 and some .MP4 extension files files which your MKV files probably are not. (more than likely MP4/X264 codec but not extension) based.

Adding what i mentioned if you understand how to the SonyEX.conf file should fix the issue but you have claimed it has not so if you try an older version which i as a Sony owner know works with MKV files that will confirm or deny if it is a problem for you in the Newer UMS versions or if it is an setup issue your end.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Maybe try version 7.5.0 since we are getting reports of connection problems in 7.6+
jps92

Post by jps92 »

With the v7.5.0 it doesn't work but with the v7.4.0 it works without adding "TranscodeExtensions = ..."