Our third poll!

Announcements about Universal Media Server
R9deLima

Re: Our third poll!

Post by R9deLima »

A cinavia work around would be great, but I don't want you guys to get in trouble.
nonolk

Post by nonolk »

For me a deeper movieinfo integration would be the best thing you could add.
calfmandooo

Post by calfmandooo »

It would be kinda cool to have TVDB info... the PS3 XMB kinda limits how "sparkly" the menus can be though.
suicidesamurai

Post by suicidesamurai »

Id like for UMS to also work as a transcoder with the ability to save those transcoded files to HD. Something like how MK2VOB works. (PS3 user)
Tyestor

Post by Tyestor »

New, non terrible looking Ui (sorry whoever designed it).
Pandora-Box

Post by Pandora-Box »

I wish UMS could handle .iso files in a similar manner as makeMKV does: to show internal .iso content on the fly (without necessity to mount in a virtual drive), with the choice for streaming as makeMKV, but also with possibility to chose which content folders/files/audio/subtitles to stream
P-B
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

BubbleUPnP is client only, not player.
You need to install BSPlayer or MXPlayer to have wider codec support.
I am on Android 4.1 and 4.2 and with e.g. MX Player I haven't found file which didn't work.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

UMS native on Android, using for example ODROID-U2 (which i own one of). Might not work but you never know.......
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

My requested feature if for lazy icons detection for files in the same folder, as posted in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=630

I read many of the requests are related to scrapping, I think there are many tools for that (ie Ember) and with services/engines changing a lot (ie IMDB posters and API changes recently), it takes too many time for module maintenance. Maybe worthy to explore integration as plugins with other tools? (ie starting the scrapping program in the background and then UMS reading the scrapped info -xml, nfo, sqlite, ...-)
Thanks for UMS and being open to requests in this poll! Wolf.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
leroy

Post by leroy »

I like BubbleUPnP server. So far the best (free) Android server i have tested..

With the BubbleUPnP app instaled on my Android phone, i have the ability to push WEB video / audio streams from UMS Server to my 40pfl8605h/12 Philips tv.
Unfortunately pushing of local storaged video or audio from my pc with UMS Server to my Philips tv fails... (also latest PS3 media server fails)

With KooRaRoo Media DLNA server (instead of UMS) instaled on my pc, BubbleUPnP server has the ability to push local storaged video / audio media to my tv.
Thus it is not a limitation of the TV..

Pushing through BubbleUPnP (or an other (Android) server) is great because you can browse through UMS server and make your next streaming decision,
on your phone (with Thumbnails..) while you watch another streamed file or tv.

So I guess it would be a great feature if UMS also support to push local storaged media, to renderers that support the push feature.