How to playback faster than 1.5 speed on PS3?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rikester

How to playback faster than 1.5 speed on PS3?

Post by rikester »

Long and short of it, I like watching TV/Movies at faster then 1.5x. On occasion I'll watch on my PC at 2.0-3.0x.

I'd like to take advantage of my 75in Vizio P Series 2018 TV (P65-F1), instead of a 22in PC monitor.

I could also use my PS4 or Xbox One if needed to do this. I can't seem to cast from my PC to the Vizio, unless I want to get an Android emulator but that seems like a clunky option. I could also run a HDMI cable and run a 4 monitor setup but I'm trying to keep audio channels.

Anything I'm not thinking of?

Thanks for indulging me.
cathyklein

Re: How to playback faster than 1.5 speed on PS3?

Post by cathyklein »

Any ideas on this?
Nadahar

Re: How to playback faster than 1.5 speed on PS3?

Post by Nadahar »

I think you're out of luck if the renderer doesn't support it. Assuming that you're not transcoding, the renderer actually receives the video file and controls playback. UMS has no impact on this. If you're transcoding, I can't say if it would or wouldn't be possible, but it would at least require some special code to achieve this - IF your computer is able to handle the transcoding at that speed.

I don't know why you prefer watching things in this speed, but you are probably better off figuring out how to user FFmpeg to convert your videos into "fast" versions.