Version 9.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 9.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This release improves support for subtitles across all devices, adds and improves support for new devices, fixes bugs, and more!

Our previous release, 9.1.0, was a big success, with 150k+ downloads. Thanks to our users for your continued support and help to implement new features and to track down and fix bugs. Our community rocks!

If you are interested in helping us develop UMS, we have easy stories to get started on on our GitHub repository, just head on over and we can point you in the right direction.

Download:

You can download it from the front page, our other official mirrors, or install it via Docker with:

Code: Select all

docker pull universalmediaserver/ums
Changes since 9.1.0
  • General:
    • Added more precise support for subtitles in renderer profiles. See the si and se options in DefaultRenderer.conf.
    • Fixed uninstallation of Windows service (thanks, pponce!)
    • Use secure connections for program updates (thanks, xaitax!)
    • Fixed startup on Linux using ARM processors (thanks, felsen2011!)
    • Logging improvements
  • Renderers:
    • Added support Sony BRAVIA AG series TVs (thanks, rubin55!)
    • Improved support for 2019 Samsung TVs, including 8K streaming
    • Improved support for Panasonic GX800B
  • Translation updates via Crowdin:
    • Chinese Traditional (100%)
    • Croatian (44%)
    • Danish (100%)
    • English (United Kingdom) (3%)
    • Hungarian (71%)
    • Korean (33%)
    • Slovak (100%)
    • Slovenian (60%)
    • Swedish (97%)
Notes:
  • The Windows releases work on Windows Vista onwards.
pipin

Re: Version 9.2.0 released

Post by pipin »

Thanks for the release.

But after the Java™ SE Development Kit 8, Update 241
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... 13177.html

UMS won't start anymore on my pc.

After uninstalling the update its working, again.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
NaViTo

Post by NaViTo »

Well something went really wrong with this new version and my TV Samsung UE49NU7105, now 90% of my files doesn't play, my TV give an error and skip to the next one, which give an error and skips to the next one, and so on. My only option is to go to the Transcoding folder and select the No Transcoding option for each and every file I want to play. I'm not sure yet, but I think the files that give errors are the ones with subtitles, the files that doesnt have subtitles play normally, I will keep testing this part and give more info when I can.

Oh and all the files that give errors appear as 0.00 size when navigating the thumbnails, not sure if its related to the problem or not.

EDIT: Ok definitely the culprits are the subtitles, each and every file I try to play with internal / external subtitles my TV gives me an error, but the files without subtitles play normally from the thumbnails. Same happens with the size of the files, all files with subtitles show as 0.00. Just to clarify, on 9.1.0 everything worked perfectly.
elpetak

Post by elpetak »

NaViTo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 am Well something went really wrong with this new version and my TV Samsung UE49NU7105, now 90% of my files doesn't play, my TV give an error and skip to the next one, which give an error and skips to the next one, and so on. My only option is to go to the Transcoding folder and select the No Transcoding option for each and every file I want to play. I'm not sure yet, but I think the files that give errors are the ones with subtitles, the files that doesnt have subtitles play normally, I will keep testing this part and give more info when I can.

Oh and all the files that give errors appear as 0.00 size when navigating the thumbnails, not sure if its related to the problem or not.

EDIT: Ok definitely the culprits are the subtitles, each and every file I try to play with internal / external subtitles my TV gives me an error, but the files without subtitles play normally from the thumbnails. Same happens with the size of the files, all files with subtitles show as 0.00. Just to clarify, on 9.1.0 everything worked perfectly.
Almost the same here. Files with external subs that used to play perfectly fine are now transcoded.
I'm playing with an LG WebOS TV and the trace log shows something like this (some lines removed for clarity:

Code: Select all

Matched external subtitles track for "xxxx.mkv": External, type: SUBRIP, lang: es, externalFile: C:\...\xxxx.srt, external file character set: ISO-8859-1
Reading SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats: "SUBRIP,WEBVTT" (default: "")
This video has external subtitles that can be streamed
External subtitles format undefined in Supported lines, video will be transcoded
Apparently the new feature to specify subtitle format on the "supported lines" is causing some issues when the subtitle format is not defined in the "supported lines" even though they are defined in "SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats"

EDIT: added a comment about this over here: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... -577003563
erickps4

Post by erickps4 »

hi subjunk thanks for the release. i v'e tested out on the ps4 pro media player with newest java 8. 241 it's working very good nothing to complain at all.

keep up with the good work and thanks again. :D
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

elpetak can you provide the full log following the https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... ?f=9&t=556 rules?